Popular Tags: [View All]
Stefan Schneider
Germany
Stockstadt
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Hi,

I've a question about updating the job line.
In the housekeeping phase, it tells me to check the current prestige agaisnt the unrevealed tokens and to reveal any hiring markers that have the prestige requirement or less. So far so good.

On page 5 under "Staff want to be hired by a prestigious hospital" though, it says: the moment you reach the indicated number of prestige points, flip that hiring marker face-up.

Which is it? I had this on my first play, I got some prestige from healing a patient and then another one died, makeing me loose prestige points. Should I have revealed one marker? Because for a brief time I had enough prestige points required. But once I made it to the housekeeping phase, I'd lost them again because of someone dying.

And thanks for the game, having a lot of fun with it so far, really liking it! Ordered it as soon as I heard about it and last week it finally arrived.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Nelson
United States
American Fork
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Good point. The quick answer is: During housekeeping only check. Three other times the housekeeping phase indicates the staff update is then.
Long answer: At one of the last playtests for the rulebook, the staff was flipped immediately when prestige was gained. That made for more cumbersome rounds. Sticking it in one spot felt easier to teach/understand. So, that line has been left in accidently, and should be read "during the housekeeping phase".

I guess I might need to make a FAQ afterall

Happy you are enjoying it, that is the best compliment to get. Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Schneider
Germany
Stockstadt
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Damn, I was afraid that was the case. And I won that game. Very nearly.

Thanks for the quick answer, off to heal some more patients. Or, well, put them out of their misery at least...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.