Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Flying Arrow
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I posted this in another thread, but I am curious what others think. I think the 3 most powerful characters are by far Baron Necro, Diablo Azul, and Tenebro. I put Baron Necro a notch above the others just because he's a bit harder to kill since he has defense 3.

Serapha healing any of the three would be a huge boost. Tenebro with Brown Recluse would, I think, be pretty tough to beat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flying Arrow
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
By the way, for those who missed it, I uploaded a spreadsheet of the heroes, with some subjective ratings about movement ability, ability to deal multiple POWs in a round, ability to spend other characters, etc. A lot of powers are similar, but they often have differences that are significant enough to make direct comparisons difficult - which is why all the ratings I put in are necessarily subjective. But it's there if you'd find it useful.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ronald Estes
United States
La Vergne
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
FlyingArrow wrote:
I posted this in another thread, but I am curious what others think. I think the 3 most powerful characters are by far Baron Necro, Diablo Azul, and Tenebro. I put Baron Necro a notch above the others just because he's a bit harder to kill since he has defense 3.
Those three characters are definitely dangerous, and they certainly get my attention when I have to go up against them. But without some extra muscle and firepower to back them up, they have a hard time going the distance. They're also harder to manage effectively than more direct-assault, smashmouth characters.

One thing's for sure: it's a lot of fun (and no small challenge) to take these guys down with a team of more traditionally heroic characters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flying Arrow
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think they should have made Diablo Azul's "steal a character on blue" ability void against Dagon. Talk about making a character worthless. Two of Dagon's abilities require him to be on blue.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricky Gray
United States
Powder Springs
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My son and I have gotten to where we like to team up Diablo Azul with Golden Rocket. This makes going out of your way to avoid the Human Missile that much more important, because in many circumstances he can displace spent characters onto blue spaces. It makes you pay a lot more attention, and it negates a lot of the board, too.

It is a lot of fun discovering these combos, and the defenses against them.

Ricky

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ronald Estes
United States
La Vergne
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dagon has proved pretty darn effective in the games I've seen him in. Even if Diablo Azul ends up on the opposing team (certainly not guaranteed), Dagon can still be tough; just keep him off the blue spaces till you take down Diablo Azul. With a vigor of 6, he has a lot of staying power, and often sticks around long enough for late-battle heroics.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clarence Chambers
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mb
Preacher wrote:
My son and I have gotten to where we like to team up Diablo Azul with Golden Rocket. This makes going out of your way to avoid the Human Missile that much more important, because in many circumstances he can displace spent characters onto blue spaces. It makes you pay a lot more attention, and it negates a lot of the board, too.

Ricky

I've tried this combo several times myself, but have never been able to pull it off. I did manage to use the Golden Rocket to knock Frostbite into Diablo Azul's sphere of control once, but Frostbite wasn't spent yet, so he just ice surfed to safety and ended up pounding Diablo Azul himself.

Even if you do manage to pull off the stunt, you've already inflicted 2 Pows of damage (Ouch!) to the newest member of your team. Still, it would be satisfying to make it work for once.

As far as who the most powerful characters are, it's really difficult to say. So much depends on how the characters are used, and on what characters you're going up against, or what adventure you're playing. As soon as I start taking a character lightly, he or she ends up doing something to make me change my mind.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flying Arrow
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They do need protection from the more combat-oriented characters, but facing Baron Necro, Tenebro, or Diablo Azul without one of the other two sounds like trouble.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carla Harper
United States
Unspecified
Delaware
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They are a spooky trio, for sure, but they seldom seem to give me as much trouble as I expect. And whenever one of them is on my team, he usually gets walloped pretty early on.

Elvisx wrote:
As far as who the most powerful characters are, it's really difficult to say. So much depends on how the characters are used, and on what characters you're going up against, or what adventure you're playing. As soon as I start taking a character lightly, he or she ends up doing something to make me change my mind.

That's been my experience, too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ronald Estes
United States
La Vergne
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Preacher wrote:

Ricky

Amen, Preacher Ricky! The variety of characters, powers, and possible combinations is impressive, to say the least.

The Star Knight is another character I've been getting a big kick out of lately. He seems to work well on most any team. And with his Stellar Leadership, he can even save your bacon against an opponent who is skillful enough to execute the dreaded Diablo Azul-Golden Rocket combo you mentioned.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Quinn
United States
Bradley
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is a rather old thread, but take a look at Time Meister. I had never thought I liked him much because I don't care for 2 of his 3 powers much at all. But he has one power (Time Rift) that is great when it works (on a 5 or 6 it sends an open foe who has just moved back to his team's starting rows plus inflicts 1 pow and he is spent).

If I am reading "Time Rift" correctly, it looks like Time Meister gets to select the space in the victim's "starting zone" where the victim ends up. Right? If so, then he would be very powerful as one of Diablo Azul's partners.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ronald Estes
United States
La Vergne
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Never underestimate the Time Meister. A couple of his powers may be more situational than most, but under the right circumstances, he's definitely a force to be reckoned with.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls