Christian Bou Farhat
Germany
Grafenau Döffingen
BW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,

On the rebalanced Royal Guard deployment card, Sentinel has replaced Protector... The description of Sentinel still has reference to Protector ( ...Limit to 1 sentinel or ptorector...)... is it an additional errata ?

Thank you
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Fanjoy
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: New Royal Guard Card
christizzz wrote:
Hello,

On the rebalanced Royal Guard deployment card, Sentinel has replaced Protector... The description of Sentinel still has reference to Protector ( ...Limit to 1 sentinel or ptorector...)... is it an additional errata ?

Thank you

Chewbacca, for one, still has Protector. I think they worded the new Sentinel ability to future-proof against a situation where Chewbacca (or some other character that has Protector) and a Royal Guard somehow end up on the same team, so that the abilities don't stack.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Bou Farhat
Germany
Grafenau Döffingen
BW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: New Royal Guard Card- and campaign errata
all clear now... thanks... Actually not clear at all since Chewbacca cant be in the same team of the Imperial guard ( different affiliations)...

still i have another doubt about the errata concerning the missions.
Most of the corrected erratas from the campaign book concern the wording Hero which is replaced by Rebel figure.

Same wording exists also on some side missions. For example vader (4th bullet): "Once per activation, a hero can interact..." should it not be a rebel figure ?

is it an errata or on purpose ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next Total Solar Eclipse holiday in 2024 in USA? See you there!
mbmbmbmbmb
christizzz wrote:
Same wording exists also on some side missions. For example vader (4th bullet): "Once per activation, a hero can interact..." should it not be a rebel figure ?

is it an errata or on purpose ?

Unless the FAQ/Errata tells you to, I would not change every occurrance of Hero to Rebel figure. Especially when there is an attribute test associated, Hero is most probably intended.

Dark Obsession is hard enough for the imperial player without allowing allies to interact. (Elite allies would succeed an attribute test automatically, while regular allies would fail them.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Bou Farhat
Germany
Grafenau Döffingen
BW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Fanjoy
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
christizzz wrote:
all clear now... thanks... Actually not clear at all since Chewbacca cant be in the same team of the Imperial guard ( different affiliations)...
That's why I said "somehow" and "futureproof." Maybe at some point there will be a card like Temporary Alliance or Saska Teft that allows those figures to end up on the same team. Or maybe they will print a new Imperial figure that has Protector, etc.

I haven't looked at the rules for 2v2 skirmish yet, so I don't know if those allow you to end up with an allied player whose team uses a different affiliation, which could be another way the wording of Sentinel could be relevant.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Bou Farhat
Germany
Grafenau Döffingen
BW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ah okay ...thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The 4-player rules would allow an Imperial army to be friendly to a Rebel army for sure.

Also, the use of 'hero' instead of 'Rebel figure' is most definitely intentional in many Missions. They reverted some of them in the errata, but it is a definite choice and you will see both being used in future.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The errata mostly fixed non-sensical distinctions of heroes and rebel figures:

"Doors are locked to heroes."

Which by rules as written allowed allies to open doors with interact, because doors were not locked to them.

Thus the errata:

"Doors are locked to rebel figures."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joao Rodrigues
Brazil
Guarulhos
Sao Paulo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a question regarding replacement cards for these...

I mean, usually I print FAQs to go in the game box along the manual and I'm mostly fine with it, but this one has changes to actual abilites of a figure (the Royal Guard changes). I think this is too much to remember when I'm playing it and I'm sure I'm not alone. How do you guys keep track of these things when they happen? Do you guys print the new ability and place it inside a sleeve with the card in order for the new text to cover the old one? Do you guys ask for FFG to send new cards with the new text? (Do they even do this? I was going to ask it in their forums but I'm not allowed to post new threads..)

So, how do you guys do it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Gienger
Germany
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I use sleeves with IA, so I printed the errata-ed cards and put them into the sleeves, but have to say, that I really think that there should be some way to get upgraded cards from FFG.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Bou Farhat
Germany
Grafenau Döffingen
BW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I did the same thing... but FFG should provide these cards in the next big expansion... the modifications affect campaign AND skirmish... Its unfair regarding players not interested in Tournaments...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joao Rodrigues
Brazil
Guarulhos
Sao Paulo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
christizzz wrote:
I did the same thing... but FFG should provide these cards in the next big expansion... the modifications affect campaign AND skirmish... Its unfair regarding players not interested in Tournaments...

I know, right? I hope they do it... I actually don't like playing with sleeved cards. It doesn't feel right...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sleeves with a printed replacement is the best way to make the change. I don't use sleeves with other cards, so if I'm going to have Royal Guards in my open groups, I'll add the sleeve and errata only when deployed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.