Legendary: A Marvel Deck Building Game» Forums » General

Subject: Hitting the ceiling rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Adam Steele
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
This is not a "this game is dying" thread. This is concern over what this game will look like as it keeps on living. How many mechanics or otherwise unique ideas could be explored yet that stay true to the characters? I definitely would not have been able to come up with so many unique ideas, but there are some that are already questionable. The space on the side of the board is also getting to be used as much as the main board as well, especially with all the potential extra Masterminds. I definitely don't want to see chips for recruit points, though that's probably inevitable. I love that this game is extremely customizable, but this thing is becoming an Inspector Gadget of a creation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Weidlich
msg tools
mbmb
I really think they should bring over the Coordinate keyword from encounters.

To be honest, adding keywords and new card types is nice, but I would prefer more heroes and villains instead.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crow
United States
St. Peters
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I actually don't mind seeing alternate versions of existing heroes, which the comics really lend themselves well to.

Note: I do NOT mean "alternate-universe" versions (like Old Man Logan), but just different takes on standard heroes. I'm fine with having two or three versions of Wolverine, each focusing on a different aspect of the character.

I do wish they would keep the mechanics at least plausibly related to the characters as we know them, however. I still can't figure out how Magik is built around Sidekicks ...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darth Ed
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have faith in Devin Low that he'll be able to keep the complexity manageable in the long term, so I'm not worried. We're already seeing the reuse of keywords and such.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David A
United States
Yorktown
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Two Crows wrote:
I still can't figure out how Magik is built around Sidekicks ...

My guess is keying in on her role as a popular teacher at the Jean Grey School For Higher Learning
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David M. Cabal Inés
Spain
Oviedo
Principado de Asturias
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thud105 wrote:
Two Crows wrote:

My guess is keying in on her role as a popular teacher at the Jean Grey School For Higher Learning

I was thinking in limbo monsters summoning.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyrell Archer
Canada
Guelph
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have faith in the game when I see effects like "Patrol" - a keyword effect that stays true to many of the characters. Hopefully the next Spider-Man variant will have a combination of Wall Crawl and Patrol!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyrell Archer
Canada
Guelph
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Two Crows wrote:
I actually don't mind seeing alternate versions of existing heroes, which the comics really lend themselves well to.

Note: I do NOT mean "alternate-universe" versions (like Old Man Logan), but just different takes on standard heroes. I'm fine with having two or three versions of Wolverine, each focusing on a different aspect of the character.

I do wish they would keep the mechanics at least plausibly related to the characters as we know them, however. I still can't figure out how Magik is built around Sidekicks ...

I think a healthy mix of both is necessary for the long term sustainability of this game. I'm quite happy to see "Iron Spider-Man", "Stealth Armor Iron Man" or "Brown And Tan Wolverine", as long as we also see Wasp, Vision, and Scarlet Witch show up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Green
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Delfar wrote:
Thud105 wrote:
Two Crows wrote:

Considering one of the cards is called 'Rally the New Mutants' I would say that represents her being a leader among the New Mutants, gathering others to her cause etc.

The other one that works off of sidekicks is called 'dimensional portal'. I'd say that represents her transporting a whole bunch of heroes (nicely captured in the card draw effects of sidekicks) through Limbo or whatever, right to where they're needed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kalvin connor
United States
rochester
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Spiderman variant:

Safety Web:

ranged icon: You can save a hero with a web so that they may be reused next turn (attack 3 or less)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ranger Rob
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
Keeper of the *** Marvel Master Database *** A custom card directory for Marvel Legendary.
badge
Find the Marvel Master Database in the Variants section of the Marvel Legendary Forums.
mbmbmbmbmb
I would not at all be surprised to see a
Marvel Legendary : Legacy version in the next couple years.

Packs of cards in the Box...plays like a campaign.
Beat the Mastermind Move his cards and scheme into your base Legendary Box, and open Pack #1 (New Mastermind / scheme / always leads villains).
Lose to the Mastermind, Move Two heroes to the base legendary box open Pack #2, (Two new heroes and a new scheme). Continue...

Once you have played through the campaign you can move everything into the base box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Itai Rosenbaum
Israel
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RangerRob24 wrote:
I would not at all be surprised to see a
Marvel Legendary : Legacy version in the next couple years.

Packs of cards in the Box...plays like a campaign.
Beat the Mastermind Move his cards and scheme into your base Legendary Box, and open Pack #1 (New Mastermind / scheme / always leads villains).
Lose to the Mastermind, Move Two heroes to the base legendary box open Pack #2, (Two new heroes and a new scheme). Continue...

Once you have played through the campaign you can move everything into the base box.

That's brilliant. I would love something like this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim P
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Delfar wrote:
Thud105 wrote:
Two Crows wrote:

Or All-New X-Men, where she is transporting Cyclops, Magneto and co around, rounding up the folk who have recently become mutants, and bringing them back to the base

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.