Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Owais Aziz
Saudi Arabia
Jeddah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The defensive position picture on page 12 of v1.2b rule book has no obscure LoS symbol on it yet the rulebook says that 'in this case, the entire layout obscures LoS'. Neither do the defensive position counters in the base game have any obscure LoS symbol on it. So Why did the designers not put a obscure LoS symbol on the defensive position counters?? Or is the rulebook wrong?? Please help,.....thank you in advance from big HoN fan
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
X. Nostradunwhich
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Defensive positions are on p. 11 of the rulebook. Page 12 is only about buildings.

The rule you are referencing actually reads:
Quote:
Some obscure LoS. In this case, the entire layout obscures LoS.

It does not say EVERY Defensive position obscures LoS, only that some can, and if they do then the entire layout obscures LoS.

Apparently they had some sort of object in mind, but atm I am not up to digging through the entire collection to figure out which overlay (if any) may fit that bill.

However, there are several other bits in the rules that are not all found in the core box. They may have been items originally planned for the core box but later reassigned to an expansion board during development or perhaps were always planned for an expansion, but it was simpler to include the rules in the book.

I personally applaud that sort of inclusion, as it is one less rules sheet I need to reference when trying to track down a specific rule in the middle of a game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Owais Aziz
Saudi Arabia
Jeddah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you Xavier - it now makes sense to me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.