Popular Tags: [View All]
Lawrence
United States
Tustin
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When I first opened this box, the one thing that kept echoing in the back of my mind was "this needs an insert... this needs an insert!!!!". With so many different pieces to separate and such a nice spacious box, this was a no-brainer.

I decided to try something a bit different and actually designed the insert with a top cover. This cover protrudes over the edge by 1mm, which is just enough to ensure that there's no extra space in the box for things to tumble out of their compartments. It's worked out well so far, even when storing the box vertically.

The top layer holds two removable trays. The left has the rooms, which can be placed next to the main board. The right is designed to be left in the box after initital setup. I don't use the turn order markers, so those have all been clumped together.

In the next layer are three removable trays. The top tray includes all of the food. The bottom left holds the staff and guest cards (split into two decks... one of which is under the player aids). The bottom right tray holds more setup cards.

At the bottom we have all of the boards. The main board is a snug fit, but is easily removed by tipping it forward.

At the very bottom are the player boards.

Hope this helps anyone looking for ideas to decrease setup time!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ParisianDreams
msg tools
badge
It's so FLUFFY!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice job! The resource trays look spacious/room for more cubes. I wonder if they are big enough to fit the tokens Meeplesource is offering in their KS campaign? They are super nice, I like them over the cubes so was an easy choice to back the campaign for those tokens alone. I agree though, this game definitely needs an insert.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lawrence
United States
Tustin
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ParisPink wrote:
I wonder if they are big enough to fit the tokens Meeplesource is offering in their KS campaign?

I checked out the meeplesource kickstarter and didn't see any tokens that could be used for GAH. Is there another link or are you replacing the red wine, coffee, etc. with other foods?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ParisianDreams
msg tools
badge
It's so FLUFFY!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
The current new one has GAH - wine, cake, coffee and streusel. They are just before the Orleans resources/tokens.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/meeplesource/more-game-...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ParisianDreams
msg tools
badge
It's so FLUFFY!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
The tokens are bigger then the cubes but yours are made big enough that I think they'd still fit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carrie Rostollan
United States
Auburn
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,
Do you have plans available for this foamcore design? I'm thinking of purchasing this game this year.
Carrie

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lawrence
United States
Tustin
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
CarrieSue41 wrote:
Hello,
Do you have plans available for this foamcore design? I'm thinking of purchasing this game this year.
Carrie

Hi Carrie. When I do foamcore inserts, I generally wing it as I go so there are no plans. I can give you the thicknesses of each layer (which is the hardest part for me to determine) when I get home later. After that, the best way is to use the images as a rough template and size everything to your box.

It's a great game though, and will definitely be worth the purchase.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ali Shaw

Central
msg tools
mbmb
This is fantastic. Really enjoying this game at the moment so wish I had your skills as an insert would be "grand" (shake). Good work sir!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carrie Rostollan
United States
Auburn
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I made up my own, thank you. I designed a removable tray for all the room tokens, kinda different from yours, and I'm using a plastic craft box with four compartments for the food cubes. Those cubes will be replaced soon with the new Meeplesource tokens for the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Izzet Tuzmen
Germany
flag msg tools
Thank you very much for sharing this, I did a different design for myself where I managed to put all tiles on a single layer.
Wanted to share this to further inspire anybody who wants to create their own foam core insert for Grand Austria Hotel.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David M
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Amazing! How do you make these? Where do you buy the foam?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mouldy Banana
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
davymast wrote:
Where do you buy the foam?
Amazon would probably be your best bet. I got 10 sheets of white 5mm A1 for about £23. They're also available in Hobbycraft but are much more expensive at around £4 for a single sheet of 5mm A2. Also I use standard white PVC glue to stick these together - they're cheap and easy to clean in case you make a mess.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.