Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
T France
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
2 players vs. Zombies. The card says 12 Zombies, 3 Activations. This means we alternate activating 2 zombies until all 12 have gone, correct?

Also, now that everything's blended together, can we just use the large Encounter Cards and ignore and redraw any card that mentions Terrain if we don't want to use it?...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernhard W
Australia
Townsville
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Titeman wrote:
2 players vs. Zombies. The card says 12 Zombies, 3 Activations. This means we alternate activating 2 zombies until all 12 have gone, correct?

Also, now that everything's blended together, can we just use the large Encounter Cards and ignore and redraw any card that mentions Terrain if we don't want to use it?...

You only activate 3 each to a total of 6. The other ones wait for their turn once you killed off the rest of the horde.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T France
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Aha! I should have reread the rules before playing!...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff T
United States
Olympia
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dang, I just played vs. zombies last night and didn't notice the 3 activations. I just activated 2 for each player because that's what's explicitly in the rule-book. That wording should probably be improved to tell you to use the number on the card.

As for terrain, I love it, but it's a pretty minor thing. If you prefer to leave it out, it won't change much. Just use the push rules from the base set instead of the expansion and you'll be fine.

With terrain, push knocks you into the lowest initiative terrain model, if you weren't already adjacent to a terrain model. Without terrain, you just get pushed into and out of groups. It's pretty simple.

Edit: Are you sure it says 3 activations on the card? I don't have it with me. But I know it says 3 command. Command is NOT the same as activations. Command is a number used by bosses for certain effects. It is otherwise ignored.

I ask because I just checked the digital version of the rule-book and it says in two places that each player activates 2 unactivated minions on their turn. If there are no unactivated minions you activate 1 of the previously activated minions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernhard W
Australia
Townsville
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
squeg wrote:
Edit: Are you sure it says 3 activations on the card? I don't have it with me. But I know it says 3 command. Command is NOT the same as activations. Command is a number used by bosses for certain effects. It is otherwise ignored.

In the white text about what the zombies do, it states:

"HORDE TACTICS
Each hero must activate 3 zombies instead of 2, if able

LEG GRABS..."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rafał Wątorski
Poland
Kraków
flag msg tools
Do you wanna play a game?
badge
We are all prisoners inside the cage of our own flesh.
mbmbmbmbmb
squeg wrote:
Dang, I just played vs. zombies last night and didn't notice the 3 activations. I just activated 2 for each player because that's what's explicitly in the rule-book. That wording should probably be improved to tell you to use the number on the card.

Actually, it is in the rulebook
Rulebook, p.18 wrote:
Special enemy abilities
Most encounter cards contain a block of text at the
bottom of the card. This text provides a list of passive
abilities for the monsters. These effects are considered
to continually be in play throughout the encounter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
squeg wrote:

As for terrain, I love it, but it's a pretty minor thing. If you prefer to leave it out, it won't change much. Just use the push rules from the base set instead of the expansion and you'll be fine.

With terrain, push knocks you into the lowest initiative terrain model, if you weren't already adjacent to a terrain model. Without terrain, you just get pushed into and out of groups. It's pretty simple.

Maybe also discard and redraw any items or skills that come up that mention terrain.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T France
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Perhaps we can focus more on terrain when we're not being attacked by ALL THE ZOMBIES!!!!!!...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff T
United States
Olympia
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BeloW06 wrote:
squeg wrote:

In the white text about what the zombies do, it states:

"HORDE TACTICS
Each hero must activate 3 zombies instead of 2, if able

LEG GRABS..."

I guess that turns our narrow victory into a loss. Not sure how i missed that. I think i was distracted by all the special text on the boss.

Thanks for pointing out my mistake.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T France
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Follow up question. Do you have to activate the same 6 zombies until they're dead or can you pick any 6 each activation?...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rafał Wątorski
Poland
Kraków
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Titeman wrote:
Follow up question. Do you have to activate the same 6 zombies until they're dead or can you pick any 6 each activation?...
Follow up answer. No, they don't have to be the same. There is no such restriction.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Skazz of Discworld
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So each player Altvaters 3 Zombies?

First I thought that 6 Zombies must be activated but each player activation two at a time. Something like 1 Player activates 2 then The second Player activates two And then the first Player activates the last two. But that's crap right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernhard W
Australia
Townsville
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
skazz wrote:

First I thought that 6 Zombies must be activated but each player activation two at a time. Something like 1 Player activates 2 then The second Player activates two And then the first Player activates the last two. But that's crap right?

Every player activates 3 Zombies in a row, starting with the player who has the highest thread level.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rafał Wątorski
Poland
Kraków
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
skazz wrote:

Yeah, that's crap
"Each hero must activate 3 zombies instead of 2, if able." - Usually you activate 2 minions per hero, but in case of zombies this number is 3.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rodolphe Rodolphe
France
Angers
flag msg tools
mb
Hi,

I am very confused because in the rules book it is written "Repeat this steps to activate a second minion, unless ALL minions have been activated."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jarad Bond
United States
Anchorage
Alaska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Let's say you have two heroes and three minions.

Hero #1: Activate Minion #1. Repeat, choosing a second minion to activate (#2).

Hero #2: Activate Minion #3 (note: you cannot choose to activate minion #1 OR #2 instead). Now all minions have been activated. Do NOT repeat. The minions are done activating.

If there is a boss, activate. Now, it is the players' turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rodolphe Rodolphe
France
Angers
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks Jarad,

Can you explain me with 8 minions and 2 heroes!?
Actually I activate 2 minions with one hero, second hero activate 2 minions, again first hero activate 2 minions and the second hero activate the last non already activated.
In fact i activate all minions before hero round.

But i saw on several video that players activate only 2 minions from each heroes and let the non other activated minions. In my exemple 4 minions stay non activated and players start heroes round.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rafał Wątorski
Poland
Kraków
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Per the rules: Each undefeated hero, starting with the one with the highest threat value, must perform minion activation 2 times, if able.
In case of 8 minions and 2 heroes, the highest threat hero activates 2 minions, then the other hero activates his 2 minions and that is all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jarad Bond
United States
Anchorage
Alaska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
viseo1979 wrote:
But i saw on several video that players activate only 2 minions from each heroes and let the non other activated minions. In my exemple 4 minions stay non activated and players start heroes round.

That is correct. Exactly what Rafał just explained:

raphaell7 wrote:
Per the rules: Each undefeated hero, starting with the one with the highest threat value, must perform minion activation 2 times, if able.
In case of 8 minions and 2 heroes, the highest threat hero activates 2 minions, then the other hero activates his 2 minions and that is all.

Note that during your next round, everything is reset. You can activate the same four minions or a different four. You just can't activate the same minion twice in one round unless you are *really* short on minions, in which case they go berserk rampage:

Let's say you have three heroes and two minions:

Hero #1: Activate Minion #1. Repeat and activate Minion #2.

Hero #2: All minions have been activated, but each hero MUST activate at least one minion (this is called Berserking Rampaging, but doesn't mean anything besides activating a minion more than once in a round). Choose Minion #1 or Minion #2. Do not repeat for another minion because they have all been activated.

Hero #3: Again, MUST activate at least one minion. Choose Minion #1 or Minion #2 (yes, you can choose the same minion as Hero #2). Do not repeat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rafał Wątorski
Poland
Kraków
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
logris wrote:
[...] this is called Berserking [...]
Small correction here, this is called Rampage (not Berserking). Not that it matters much how it's called

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jarad Bond
United States
Anchorage
Alaska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
raphaell7 wrote:
logris wrote:
[...] this is called Berserking [...]
Small correction here, this is called Rampage (not Berserking). Not that it matters much how it's called

Whoops! Yeah, nothing refers to it that I saw, but might as well get it right. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholis Spring
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
I’m still working on understanding the combat rules. Getting close 🙂 I understand that at an end of a round all shields and heroism are discarded. The only thing that carries through are expose markers. Right?

From this thread I discovered that in essence the active enemies become inactive with the option of being activated in the next round.

Two questions:

1.With the reset do the previously activated enemies return to the default pair formation if possible?

2.When activating previously activated, potentially injured enemies, is there a process of determining which enemy gets activated? Greatest threat to weakest? Or is it left up to the players to decide. Choosing the weakest enemy seems convienent.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.