Recommend
2 
 Thumb up
 Hide
12 Posts

Dynasties: Heirate & Herrsche» Forums » General

Subject: 2p or 3p? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Richard Ham
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
CLICK THIS BEAGLE if you're looking for in-depth gameplay video run-throughs! :)
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
When this was added, it was listed as a 2p game, but now it's switched to 3p? Just wondering if that's the final intension for the game... 3p minimum?
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthias Cramer
Germany
Essen
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
This time, there won't be a 2-player rule in the last minute. So Jen and you will have to invite somebody for a session...

Dynasties has a lot of player interaction - mainly win-win situations - which wouldn't fit to a 2-player game at all. The 2 players entry was simply a typo.
8 
 Thumb up
0.02
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Ham
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
CLICK THIS BEAGLE if you're looking for in-depth gameplay video run-throughs! :)
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Sleeran wrote:
This time, there won't be a 2-player rule in the last minute. So Jen and you will have to invite somebody for a session...

Dynasties has a lot of player interaction - mainly win-win situations - which would fit to a 2-player game at all. The 2 players entry was simply a typo.

Ah well can't play them all. Still hoping someday to play Der Millionen Coup
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
W. Eric Martin
United States
Apex
North Carolina
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
Avatar
rahdo wrote:
When this was added, it was listed as a 2p game, but now it's switched to 3p? Just wondering if that's the final intension for the game... 3p minimum?
I received a press release from a press agent for Schmidt that listed the Dynasties player count as 3-5, so I corrected the BGG listing.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jose Juan Llanos
Spain
Alcala de Henares
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Sleeran wrote:
which would fit to a 2-player game at all.

I still hope for a last-minute change to 2P, like Kraftwagen, because this is really a wife-friendly game
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthias Cramer
Germany
Essen
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
NeORomani wrote:

Sleeran wrote:
which would fit to a 2-player game at all.

I still hope for a last-minute change to 2P, like Kraftwagen, because this is really a wife-friendly game

I meant "which wouldn't". (otherwise the statement makes no sense...). So no last minute change this time - it is simply not possible.

6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Walk
Austria
Graz
Styria
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Sleeran wrote:
NeORomani wrote:

Sleeran wrote:
which would fit to a 2-player game at all.

I still hope for a last-minute change to 2P, like Kraftwagen, because this is really a wife-friendly game

I meant "which wouldn't". (otherwise the statement makes no sense...). So no last minute change this time - it is simply not possible.


... I think this is a good thing. No tacked on "half-hearted" 2-player mode if the game is not meant to be played with less than 3 players! However, I canceled my preorder as I usually play with 2 players :/. I bought Strasbourg around 2 years ago and didn't get it to the table yet cry (I know that there is a variant for 2 players.)
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Buchanan
Canada
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
Sleeran wrote:


This time, there won't be a 2-player rule in the last minute.


Understandable, but still disappointing.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nils
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Official homepage:

Dynasties von Matthias Cramer, für 2 bis 4 Spieler ab 12 Jahren.


Are they wrong?

http://www.hans-im-glueck.de/news/newsdetails/news/neuheiten...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Gienger
Germany
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
catchy wrote:
Official homepage:

Dynasties von Matthias Cramer, für 2 bis 4 Spieler ab 12 Jahren.


Are they wrong?

http://www.hans-im-glueck.de/news/newsdetails/news/neuheiten...

When Matthias repeatedly says that it is 3-5, I trust him more than the publisher who might just have a copy paste issue or a "we usually write 2-4" on the page
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nadine Green
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh no. What a pity... My wife and I are mainly 2p... Are you planning a 2p-variant?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Olav Fakkeldij
Netherlands
Beverwijk
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
See: 2-player variant
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls