Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

Kingdom Builder: Caves» Forums » Rules

Subject: Caves & Warriors rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rammy M
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
Didn't find an answer in the forums.

If a warrior is next to a Cave
- does he totally block the use of that cave? or
- does he Only block exiting into one of the adjacent-to-him cells?
meaning both of the following:
- Can I enter some other cave, and come out on the far side of the Warrior-Cave?
- Can I enter a warrior guarded cave (from any side), and travel to somewhere else?

and if the latter,
- can a warrior himself go through a cave?

Thx
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Cope
United States
Somerville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Donald X. wrote:
Moving a piece means picking it up and then placing it. Adjacency is checked when placing the piece, which is after removing it.

(Source: http://boardgamegeek.com/article/7596317#7596317)

So judging by DXV's rulings in the past, it seems a warrior would only block a hex adjacent to both the destination cave and the warrior.

Your last question is a bit trickier. A warrior is a settlement for all intents & purposes (except for triggering the final round), so for consistency's sake, I believe one can travel through a cave.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
m5rammy wrote:
- Can I enter some other cave, and come out on the far side of the Warrior-Cave?
- Can I enter a warrior guarded cave (from any side), and travel to somewhere else?

and if the latter,
- can a warrior himself go through a cave?

FWIW: Interpreting the rules literally, one does not "enter" or "come out" of cave hexes. Rather, one moves from a hex adjacent to a cave to a different hex adjacent to a cave.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald X.
United States
flag msg tools
designer
m5rammy wrote:
If a warrior is next to a Cave
- does he totally block the use of that cave? or
- does he Only block exiting into one of the adjacent-to-him cells?
meaning both of the following:
- Can I enter some other cave, and come out on the far side of the Warrior-Cave?
- Can I enter a warrior guarded cave (from any side), and travel to somewhere else?

and if the latter,
- can a warrior himself go through a cave?

Warrior stops other pieces from being moved to (or placed in) adjacent hexes, such as with Caves. It does not prevent pieces from moving away from those hexes, such as with Caves; it does not prevent pieces from being moved to further away hexes, such as a hex on the opposite side of a Cave.

Warriors are settlements and can be moved with movement abilities such as Cave. This is incorrect in the original Crossroads rulebook.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rammy M
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
russ wrote:

FWIW: Interpreting the rules literally, one does not "enter" or "come out" of cave hexes. Rather, one moves from a hex adjacent to a cave to a different hex adjacent to a cave.

I'm (mostly) a literal kind of guy. This clearly answers my question. And that was how we played it last night.

Thanks, all
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.