Descent: Journeys in the Dark (Second Edition)» Forums » General

Subject: Background Read rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter Sikachev
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Is there some subj available on Descent? We've recently started playing assorted quests from Shadow Rune. When reading fiction text, it's hard for us to appreciate and fully follow it, as we know nothing about the Descent world.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Milan
Philippines
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Unfortunately there really isn't any single source of lore for the world of the Terrinoth games. The best background read for the history of the realm in my opinion can be found in the instruction booklet of the Runewars game. It details the wars, source of the undead, dragon runes, and uthuk yllan. I think it can be downloaded from FFGs site.

For lore directly concerning Descent though, I think the best read would come from the Heirs of Blood Campaign Book. It dedicates quite a few pages to the history of the Farrows (3 lieutenants in the base game) and it really makes you feel for them. Unfortunately for the other characters there isnt much else.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Milan
Philippines
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Although I honestly doubt the info in those two will be enough to satisfy your group's curiosity. FFG left the setting rather ambiguous. Possibly to let us create our own storylines and histories with the characters. (But I really do wish they'd just release a source book like they did for Android)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dimitris Zervakis
Netherlands
Amsterdam
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
By assorted, you mean random? Then no, the flavor text won't make full sense to you. You need to play in campaign mode and gradually reveal the story. There must also be parts of the story in the rulebook.
Other than that, this exists:
https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/85755/runiverse-fluff-ver...
But it has not been updated for a while.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.