Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kirk Monsen
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I know this is answered somewhere, but don't see a rules post on it (and can't find the faq file).

If a character gains an additional bonus card for searching a location (either through ability or item) they normally draw two cards and keep both, but if they make noise what is the result:

A) Draw three cards and keep two
B) Draw two cards and keep one, then draw and keep an additional card

I've played two games, with different teachers for each game, and these were the two different ways that situation was taught.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ossian Grr aka "Josh"
United States
Chelmsford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
GRRRRR!!!
badge
GRRRRRRRRR!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Completely resolve each step of the search to draw the cards, but choose the cards as the last step.
So if you have a "Draw 2, keep 2" ability, you:
1) Draw 2 into your "Search Hand".
2) Decide whether to make noise. Each time you make noise, add one card into your Search Hand. Repeat 2 until satisfied or there are no more noise spaces in the location.
3) Keep 2 of the cards from your Search Hand and put the rest under the deck.

(Slight edit to hopefully be clearer)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David "Davy" Ashleydale
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Right, you don't decide which cards you're going to keep until after you're done drawing all the cards you're going to draw.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David "Davy" Ashleydale
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like to think of it like this. The basic rule for searching is:

Draw 1, Keep 1

However, there are things that can change those numbers. I might have an item that changes it to:

Draw 2, Keep 2

And every time you make noise, you get to add +1 to the "Draw" amount. So if I draw my 2, I can then decide to make noise. If I do, it changes to:

Draw 3, Keep 2

And since I've only drawn 2 cards so far, I immediately draw 1 more.

Now let's say that I decide to make even more noise. It changes to:

Draw 4, Keep 2

I've only drawn 3 cards to far, so I immediately draw 1 more.

I don't want to make any more noise, so all of my drawing is now done and I get to decide which of the cards I've drawn so far that I want to keep. I look at the latest rule and see that it's "Keep 2", so I will keep 2 of them. I will put the others on the bottom of the deck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.