Popular Tags: [View All]
Joao Rodrigues
Brazil
Guarulhos
Sao Paulo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wasn't sure if this is a "rules" question or not, but I'm assuming not... here we go:

Today is a day for me to double check things, and then get confused... I decided to watch the CMON video for their KS campaign to see what did they say on removing spawn tokens when killing Necromancer, and I found a new question.

So, the tile is 9V and I was sure that his room in the picture was all one spawn zone. However, in their video they treat it like 3 different spawn zones, one for each stall. Were they crazy or am I? I know that lines are used to separate zones, but that doesn't seem to be the case here.

Link to the actual part on the video they make these zombie spawns: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5a9KfOfIG4&t=24m58s

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angelus Seniores
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i play it as being a single building space.
the tile only shows partial lines while normally you have a full wall to divide each building space, so as these are not normal walls they should not be considered to seperate Zones.

in the video they simply made a mistake to see it as 3 zones.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Leoniak
United States
Marlboro
Vermont
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, looks like the rules were not polished yet. They search in vaults, place noise token in the room that was broken into rather then nest to the survivor that created the noise. I'd say that it's just one room, and not treat it as separate stalls. Maybe they were going to break up the rooms that way, but if it's not in the rulebook I would not sweat it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Willo
Australia
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
They just blew it on the video. It is ONE room.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Bailey
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
skritter wrote:
They just blew it on the video. It is ONE room.

Yeah, the CMON video is more of a product overview than a "how to play", it actually introduced more confusion into the discussion than clarity. Kinda wish they'd take it down at this point, to be honest.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James J

Texas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup, that video was a mess. Include "allowing Baldric to take too many actions in one turn" to the list. Heh. Don't use it at all for learning to play. whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joao Rodrigues
Brazil
Guarulhos
Sao Paulo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
japester1 wrote:
Yup, that video was a mess. Include "allowing Baldric to take too many actions in one turn" to the list. Heh. Don't use it at all for learning to play. whistle

Yeah, for sure. Like I said, it wasn't a question in my mind, but then I've noticed this and got confused. And oddly enough I didn't cath the other errors as well.

Thank you very much, you all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James J

Texas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What doesn't help--and this is probably a good thing to note for anyone who might be new to CMON's games--is that they didn't bother to address any of the errors in their video after the fact. Don't get me wrong, I've picked up a lot of their product, and I'm satisfied. But I've come to expect a certain lack of detail or follow-through for anything beyond delivering said product. I think I was the first person to ask about the Baldric mistake, when the comments were few, and they didn't reply. Nor did they reply to the other errors people noted. I guess when your KS is raking in millions, stuff like that is way too low on the priority list. shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.