Popular Tags: [View All]
The Steak Fairy
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
Games? People still play games??
badge
Specious arguments are not proof of trollish intent.
mbmbmbmbmb
Not so much of a complaint, really.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Eugene
Oregon
msg tools
mb
Re: Don't Call me Uncivil Merely Because I Think You're an Oaf
Shouldn't "me" rightfully be capitalized? Just thought we should get some sort of complaint in here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Steak Fairy
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Don't Call me Uncivil Merely Because I Think You're an Oaf
I couldn't see through the tears.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Steak Fairy
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't be a lurker, tumorous. This is a community. In real communities, lurkers get arrested.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete
United States
Northbrook
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MisterCranky wrote:
Not so much of a complaint, really.
Boy, did you ever choose the right username.

Pete (couldn't have named you better himself)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Steak Fairy
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Good thing I didn't need you, then!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brendan Riley
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Nos operamur, te ludere
badge
"Life is more fun if you play games." - Roald Dahl
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know if the OP went missing or if the thread title is the entire complaint, but...

If your demeanor lets someone know you think they're an oaf, you're probably being uncivil. Civility is the art of hiding the fact that you think someone is an oaf.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Why should someone not think anyone is uncivil if that person calls them an oaf?

Just because I think you are something does not make it true, or even valid.

But this thread is not a complaint, as the OP is not complaining, as to what it is, you decide.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant
United States
Cuyahoga Falls
Ohio
flag msg tools
One of the best gaming weekends in Ohio since 2010. Search facebook for "BOGA Weekend Retreat" for more info!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Source material, wherein CrankyPants refuses to be part of the solution, and rejoices in yelling at those who are.
What can I post and not? What is and isn't political?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
badge
I can feel bits of my brain falling away like wet cake.
mbmbmb
grant5 wrote:
Source material, wherein CrankyPants refuses to be part of the solution, and rejoices in yelling at those who are.

Though to be fair, that excludes some abusive posts by CP that were deleted. For some reason.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant
United States
Cuyahoga Falls
Ohio
flag msg tools
One of the best gaming weekends in Ohio since 2010. Search facebook for "BOGA Weekend Retreat" for more info!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tumorous wrote:
grant5 wrote:

Though to be fair, that excludes some abusive posts by CP that were deleted. For some reason.

Ah, good point, I hadn't noticed! Wasn't his first post in that thread something about fat authoritarian geeks or something like that?

EDIT: oh no, I guess that comment is still there. I can't remember what he said that was deleted.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
badge
mbmbmb
grant5 wrote:
I can't remember what he said that was deleted.

I confess that as I look back, I could be wrong. When I read his posts, it's like I'm just hearing one long uninterrupted brown note.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Ronkonkoma
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Shocking -- that thread is locked .....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Steak Fairy
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tumorous wrote:
grant5 wrote:

I confess that as I look back, I could be wrong. When I read his posts, it's like I'm just hearing one long uninterrupted brown note.

If you don't like them, don't read them. It's really pretty simple. One thing that BGG gets right is the ability to block users whose contributions upset you. What it fails to get right is the selective deletion of new user content without making any sort of effort to notify the new user that the content was deemed spam. It is aided in its misguided efforts, apparently, by some self-appointed watchdogs called LASH. I barely participate at this site any more, in part due to my vanishing interest in being a board game fanboy. Mostly, though, it's due to the uninterrupted brown note of users who've flocked to this site in an effort to impose their own Casper Milquetoast sensibilities on those of us who don't share them. "That's not about general gaming!!! Off with its head!" Fuck that noise.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Steak Fairy
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lemur wrote:
Shocking -- that thread is locked .....

Which is what THIS complaint is all about, as any even slightly discerning person could probably have figured out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MisterCranky wrote:
tumorous wrote:
grant5 wrote:

If you don't like them, don't read them. It's really pretty simple. One thing that BGG gets right is the ability to block users whose contributions upset you. What it fails to get right is the selective deletion of new user content without making any sort of effort to notify the new user that the content was deemed spam. It is aided in its misguided efforts, apparently, by some self-appointed watchdogs called LASH. I barely participate at this site any more, in part due to my vanishing interest in being a board game fanboy. Mostly, though, it's due to the uninterrupted brown note of users who've flocked to this site in an effort to impose their own Casper Milquetoast sensibilities on those of us who don't share them. "That's not about general gaming!!! Off with its head!" Fuck that noise.
Or

If you do not want to talk about board games, well go somewhere that is not about board games.

Simples.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Steak Fairy
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wombat929 wrote:
I don't know if the OP went missing or if the thread title is the entire complaint, but...

If your demeanor lets someone know you think they're an oaf, you're probably being uncivil. Civility is the art of hiding the fact that you think someone is an oaf.

Humorous, but incorrect. There are many polite, courteous ways to let somebody know that you think he or she is an oaf. This is but one of them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Did you manage to get banned from RSP, or something?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Steak Fairy
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
slatersteven wrote:

If you do not want to talk about board games, well go somewhere that is not about board games.

Simples.

What are YOU talking about, Slater? I mean, when you're not pontificating on every single subject as though you actually had some understanding of anything? Your entire reason for existing is to hover over this site like a damp cloud of misery meant to remind everybody that when they lose all other purpose in life, your fate awaits them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Steak Fairy
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tumorous wrote:
Did you manage to get banned from RSP, or something?

No, I just didn't appreciate a particular instance of new user content deletion. I thought I was making it pretty clear in that last thread, which got randomly locked without comment.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Steak Fairy
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
grant5 wrote:

Yelling? Did you feel perhaps tarred by my anti-LASH brush? Are you unable to distinguish between the written word and the spoken one? To what solution are you referring? The one that removes user content without a word to the user because some band of fools has decided that they aren't interested in said content? Yeah, I don't want to be part of the gang of fools, thanks for noticing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MisterCranky wrote:
grant5 wrote:

Yelling? Did you feel perhaps tarred by my anti-LASH brush? Are you unable to distinguish between the written word and the spoken one? To what solution are you referring? The one that removes user content without a word to the user because some band of fools has decided that they aren't interested in said content? Yeah, I don't want to be part of the gang of fools, thanks for noticing.
Then LEAVE.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Susie_Cat
United Kingdom
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

MisterCranky wrote:
...It is aided in its misguided efforts, apparently, by some self-appointed watchdogs called LASH...

As a very occasional in the LASH forum, I take exception to that (as no-doubt you want us to).

The people who post in the LASH forum merely draw the attention of the moderators to possible spam; if you were to visit the LASH forum instead of just sniping, you would see some of the pure drivel that people there highlight for the moderators to consider. If it weren't for the people who post there, this site wouldn't be as litter free as it is. For what it's worth, there is nothing secret or sinister about LASH, it is just a bunch of people picking up litter. And most of it is unarguably litter, even you would probably agree with that.

I'm all for free speech and supporting the little people, but if you can't be nice when you share your opinion, please keep it to yourself. Oh, and I'm more than happy to accept that moderators sometimes get it wrong, but they are human and we all make mistakes from time to time.

MisterCranky wrote:
...I barely participate at this site any more...

You are very noisy for someone who barely participates...

Susie_Cat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Steak Fairy
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
slatersteven wrote:
Then LEAVE.

I will leave when you are dead, Slater, and not one moment before. Well, unless I die first.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Steak Fairy
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Susie_Cat wrote:

You are very noisy for someone who barely participates...

Susie_Cat.

Are you secretly a Japanese man? Just curious. If you can't handle my participation in two threads in the Complaints Forum then I think you are not really qualified to judge noise levels.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.