Popular Tags: [View All]
Stephen Cooper
United Kingdom
Taunton
Somerset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Spoiler (click to reveal)
Having passed the tunnels requiring the glyphs, the team arrived at a well where each agent had to place 3 shields plus a TU shield in front of themselves. Then each had to roll to pass the test.

After each agent's roll, if the TU shield is not removed (i.e. the agent does not completely resolve the test) the team lost one TU. Is that correct, the team stands to lose another 4 TUs per TU if the tests aren't resolved?

(We actually used Finnock to support the tests and get agents through, but then he was a bit rubbish and failed to get through before time expired.)
Planning to use water breathing on him for the next run.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glasya Labolas
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
That's how we played it (X extra TUs per TU where X is the number of TU shields remaining) and we also failed our first run at that point

If I remember correctly Finnock has a spell that
replenishes potions
so it might also be useful to pass that test without wasting to much time

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich P
United Kingdom
Sheffield
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I didn't know what to do with my UberBadge, so I left it as a GeekBadge.
badge
Planning...
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, we had every player losing us TU at that point. We rapidly ran out of time on our first run because of it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
England
flag msg tools
This was an absolutely terrible piece of game design, and nearly put my entire group off TIME Stories altogether (not just Prophecy).

We 'allowed' ourselves to pass this point (especially due to what happened immediately after) and continued on. If we hadn't, we'd have just stopped playing.

My group loves the concept of Time Stories, but Marcy and Prophecy, although trying to broaden what the game can be about, have mostly put us off those things about Asylum that hooked us in the first place (and Asylum wasn't perfect either).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Cooper
United Kingdom
Taunton
Somerset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We didn't find it "absolutely terrible", we just buckled up for the next run and were perfectly prepared the next time we got there and got through with ease.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean L
United Kingdom
Coventry
West Midlands
flag msg tools
It's difficult if you come in unprepared... but we just grabbed an item and a spell that helped us through the next time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.