Chapel Hill
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
The boardgame blog with worse luck than you! dicehateme.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Today we’re taking a closer look at Emotional Stress in Club Zen and how it can affect the game and your personal story.

Your working vacation in Club Zen is over five days, and each day is broken down into - you guessed it - morning, afternoon, and night. Each morning, players will wake up, hoping this day will be the best. But, just like in reality, you can never fully escape the little things that pop up in life. And, so, each player receives an Emotional Stress card that represents those little stressors you can’t predict.

Each card is broken into two halves; the top of the card gives you immediate Emotional Stress that you will add to your pool of Stress Cubes in your hotel room. During the day, you’ll want to try and deal with that stress as best you can, because at the end of the night if you have more than one Emotional Stress left, the Bad Thing happens. That’s what’s waiting for you at the bottom of the card.

The Emotional Stress cards add a lot to the story of your vacation, and they’re all pretty typical of things we’ve all had to deal with while just trying to get away from it all.

Soon we'll be taking a look at how to relieve some of that stress - and do other cool things, too - with a focus on Friends.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Palau Life
msg tools
Very stoked for this game. I'm loving the new take on typical worker placement mechanics (feed, increase force, gain resources, etc). Don't get me wrong, we still love the hell out of Stone Age but I am so thrilled that designers and their teams are breathing new life into traditional game mechanics. I make custom polymer/resin pieces for many of my games and I am very much looking forward to making custom zen rocks, stress pieces, etc). Thank you again for putting the time and effort into making this game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.