Bill H
United States
Rensselaer
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Come on Batman! Pull your weight!
mbmbmbmbmb
I finally got my first full play in last night and was very pleasantly surprised at how much I liked this game. Afterward, I did still have a couple of questions I was hoping could be clarified here.

1 - When you activate multiple units, either in the palace or the battlefield, do you first move all of the units you're activating, then fire with them or do you move/fire, move/fire, etc. until all of your units are done? We did the latter based on how I understood the rule, but after re-checking it does seem the former is correct.

2 - Special Jedi/Sith movement: We were playing this where the Jedi/Sith could still (optionally) complete their movement even after rolling their last attack die. Is this correct? Can you continue to move after all of your attack dice are used or does your movement stop once you've rolled your last attack die?

Thanks in advance!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sleepy Jedi
msg tools
doverboy wrote:
I finally got my first full play in last night and was very pleasantly surprised at how much I liked this game. Afterward, I did still have a couple of questions I was hoping could be clarified here.

1 - When you activate multiple units, either in the palace or the battlefield, do you first move all of the units you're activating, then fire with them or do you move/fire, move/fire, etc. until all of your units are done? We did the latter based on how I understood the rule, but after re-checking it does seem the former is correct.

2 - Special Jedi/Sith movement: We were playing this where the Jedi/Sith could still (optionally) complete their movement even after rolling their last attack die. Is this correct? Can you continue to move after all of your attack dice are used or does your movement stop once you've rolled your last attack die?

Thanks in advance!

1. My interpretation is that you just activate them, or move them from the battlefield to the palace, but you don't do additional moving or attacking.

2. Yes, you can finish your movement after using all your attack dice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill H
United States
Rensselaer
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the quick reply!

For my first question, I should clarify with an example. If I were to play a palace card where I activate 2 battle droids (already in the palace), do I move the first one then attack with it, then move the next and attack with it, or do I first move both battle droids, THEN attack with them?

Sorry for the confusion, and thanks for the quick response!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Jefferies
United States
Oconomowoc
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
My name is Oobydoob Scooby-dooby Banooby. I have the silliest name in the galaxy. (Thumb Wars)
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes...you move one and attack with it...then move the other and attack with that. I believe (if I'm remembering correctly) that you could fire then move if you wanted.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sleepy Jedi
msg tools
Sure thing. And sorry, I misunderstood your first question; I'd thought that by "activating" you were referring to the "Activate the Droids" card that lets you place new droids by an MTT.

To answer your question, you move your first battle droid then attack with it, then move your 2nd droid then attack.

I think you know this next point, but for anyone else who might be wondering: You can't move any more once you've attacked (except Jedi/Maul), and you can't select the same character or group to move twice with the same card. For example, if a card says "2 battle droids", then you must select two different battle droids to move/attack, you can't use the same one twice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill H
United States
Rensselaer
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks all!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josiah Fiscus
United States
Pittsburgh (Monroeville)
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When you have something that says "3 Palace Guards", for example, you MOVE then ATTACK with one palace guard, then MOVE then ATTACK, with another, then MOVE then ATTACK with the third.

With the exception of the Jedi/Sith, every figure must always move then attack. No movement after attacking.

Additionally, the "3 Palace Guards" in the example must be three DIFFERENT palace guards.

If the card was "3 Palace Guards and Captain Panaka", Captain Panaka could do his "move then attack" either before or after palace guards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.