Popular Tags: [View All]
Timo Multamäki
Finland
ASKA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Strange artefact of a bygone era, a tower that reaches to the clouds, yet it also spirals downwards to the deepest caves. For millennia it was empty and, everyone assumed, deserted.

Yet, all those years it has been inhabited by a small dwarven community and a sizable force of the Unseelie Court. Recently the mix grew even stranger, when the Cult of Change occupied certain areas of the Spire.

Now, the three forces have allowed the Heroes to enter in order to solve a dilemma. A bargain has been made; only two groups can remain in the Spire, and it’s up to the Heroes to figure out a solution.

=====

Now, we would like to have feedback on what would YOU value the most for this expansive new campaign? Where should we focus our efforts? Obviously all of them are important, but there are only so many hours in a day. Please select the area that you find the most important and in the next poll below, what is the least important.

Poll: The MOST wanted feature
Please select the one aspect that you'd consider the most important in the Soul Spire. Where should we focus?
Availability? - Have the expansion be ready for Kickstarter in 2016 and thus available in 2017.
Diversity? - The expansion would have the most diverse selection of scenarios possible.
Physical content? - More components - miniatures, scenarios, maps, etc (Note that this will likely result in a slightly higher initial price)
Story? - A longer, more thematic and detailed story and background content.
Puzzles? - Detailed Scenarios that have interesting and complex riddles and/or puzzles to solve, without decreasing the replay value.
Price? - We would aim for a lower cost, achieved through focused design efficiencies.
      71 answers
Poll created by Eridis

Poll: The LEAST wanted feature
Please let us know what would you consider as the least important aspect of Soul Spire.
Availability? - Have the expansion be ready for Kickstarter in 2016 and thus available in 2017.
Diversity? - The expansion would have the most diverse selection of scenarios possible.
Physical content? - More components - miniatures, scenarios, maps, etc (Note that this will likely result in a slightly higher initial price)
Story? - A longer, more thematic and detailed story and background content.
Puzzles? - Detailed Scenarios that have interesting and complex riddles and/or puzzles to solve, without decreasing the replay value.
Price? - We would aim for a lower cost, achieved through focused design efficiencies.
      70 answers
Poll created by Eridis

We’ll take it for granted that thematic quality, replayability and reasonable campaign length will be central components of Soul Spire in any case.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
azza rein
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's hard to talk about expansions when most of us haven't experienced the base game yet unfortunately ...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan
United States
Rancho Cordova
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mydnight wrote:
It's hard to talk about expansions when most of us haven't experienced the base game yet unfortunately ...

This is true - though I think it's ok to use this as a vote for what you most look for in a game of this type in general. I think DDP will probably use it as a guide rather than a dictate.

And of course you can still play the game in VASSAL to get a better idea of how it plays and what you like about it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabor Pivarcsi
Hungary
Budapest
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Although it's not mentioned, but I would happily buy an expansion that gives us standalone "missions", that are very replayable and not overly long. Campaign is great, but I can easily see myself (and my group) to play shorter bursts of some favourite randomized maps.

But apart of that, bring in the puzzles! Awesome option. :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manuel Joseph (Jam) Ibanez III
Philippines
Taguig
Metro Manila
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gaborpivarcsi wrote:
Although it's not mentioned, but I would happily buy an expansion that gives us standalone "missions", that are very replayable and not overly long. Campaign is great, but I can easily see myself (and my group) to play shorter bursts of some favourite randomized maps.

But apart of that, bring in the puzzles! Awesome option. :-)

Totally agree with having puzzles and stuff which increase the replay value and diversity.

Maybe also introduce a play mode similar to an arena or mini-rondels to support competitive run-throughs (like several teams trying to be the first to win, whether it be by killing the boss monster or getting treasure)? So basically a mix of pvp and pve, which can spice things up and even increase the replay value of scenarios.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timo Multamäki
Finland
ASKA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Just to clarify. These polls are for us (DDP) to gather feedback. We have not said that we'd do exactly as the polls indicate, but we sure listen carefully.

We have, of course, our own vision and are now trying to confirm that our vision somehow fits for the expectations.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AJ
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hard to have a good Kickstarter campaign for an expansion in 2016 unless we've had some time to play the core game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timo Multamäki
Finland
ASKA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
AJ,

... luckily everyone seems to agree on that. I had worries that it would have been expected, but it seems very clear that we ought to not worry about that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hladky
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
badge
Working on Perdition's Mouth game content
mbmbmbmbmb
"Puzzles? - Detailed Scenarios that have interesting and complex riddles and/or puzzles to solve, without decreasing the replay value." - I wonder how to put the two contradictory things together. To have a puzzle is great, but once one solves it, the replay-ability factor is problematic to achieve.

On the other hand I voted for this one as the replayability is not a huge issue for me as the amount of the available scenarios is huge. It would be a good thing to have replayable single scenarios though as it is not always possible to have the group available for longer series of events.

And "puzzles" might be great addition.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hladky
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
badge
Working on Perdition's Mouth game content
mbmbmbmbmb
BTW: I like people consider the least significant the "release date" and the "price", which means people want to have the great game and understand something like that costs time and money.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timo Multamäki
Finland
ASKA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
mrakomor wrote:
BTW: I like people consider the least significant the "release date" and the "price", which means people want to have the great game and understand something like that costs time and money.

Indeed. That has been a huge relief for us as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timo Multamäki
Finland
ASKA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
mrakomor wrote:
"Puzzles? - Detailed Scenarios that have interesting and complex riddles and/or puzzles to solve, without decreasing the replay value." - I wonder how to put the two contradictory things together. To have a puzzle is great, but once one solves it, the replay-ability factor is problematic to achieve.

On the other hand I voted for this one as the replayability is not a huge issue for me as the amount of the available scenarios is huge. It would be a good thing to have replayable single scenarios though as it is not always possible to have the group available for longer series of events.

And "puzzles" might be great addition.

I think the only really feasible way is to create the puzzles in such a ways that those are mutating (eg. not just one puzzle).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timo Multamäki
Finland
ASKA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay. Feedback is well and clear received and understood. We're now working based on these suggestions.

Thanks for all of those who took the time to answer the poll.

-- Timo & PM Team
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Beck
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Are there any news?

Soul Spire will be an all-in project...again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timo Multamäki
Finland
ASKA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
We'll be having more on that matter soon. I've worked a lot on Soul Spire. I think it'll be ready for early play testing within November 2016...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Beck
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great. I will Support this product line. It starts to become my favourite game of 2016.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timo Multamäki
Finland
ASKA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Beckikaze wrote:
Great. I will Support this product line. It starts to become my favourite game of 2016.

We hope that you're not the only one who feels like that - but it's rather obvious that first players would need to _get_ their copies... and sadly there have been unexplainable delays which we hope to resolve now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.