Subject: Mico the Overpowered? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Adam Hoffmann
United States
Fort Lee
Virginia
flag msg tools
Just played my first game. I Kickstarted this and when I saw the Kickstarter exclusive Duke in my opening hand I decided to pick him...when we finished plane and be in adding up or Duke points it became very clear that he was significantly better than the Duke my wife chose. I don't know what a normal two-person score is but the Final score was something like 98 to 65 in my favor. Now this was both of our first games and I clearly grasped the rules and strategy quicker, but it seems like getting five points for each boss monster killed is perhaps too powerful.
Has anyone else played with this Duke and if so was your game as one-sided as ours? Maybe in a three or four or five clear he would kill for your boss monsters and so he wouldn't be quite as dominant as in a two-person game has anyone else played with this Duke and if so was your game as one-sided as ours? Maybe in a three or four or five clear dammit he would kill a few were boss monsters and so he wouldn't be quite as dominant as in a two-person game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Beiter
United States
Tonawanda
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Those scores seem extremely high. Were you paying attention to the stack depletion rules?
It sounds like you may have triggered an end game condition and kept going.

At my table, the monster slayer dukes usually fall on the weaker side. They struggle to win. It's so easy for foes to sneak in and kill your needed monsters if you're not careful.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Hoffmann
United States
Fort Lee
Virginia
flag msg tools
We never exhausted any citizens. Our end game trigger was the killing of all monsters. I had killed 4 boss monster bosses and a total of 13 monsters. That's 33 points from the duke alone. When the game ended we both had like 20-30 resources, so that's another 15 points.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Hoffmann
United States
Fort Lee
Virginia
flag msg tools
So carefully reread the rules several times and finally found why we were confused about end game trigger. And I do believe it's confusing… The only sentence in the rule book that mentions when to place an exhausted card down is wherethe it says:
"if a stack in the center stacks is ever exhausted as a result of an action taken by a player, the player first finishes the action and then ads and exhausted card from the exhaust stack..."

To us this clearly meant only the citizens because they are the center rows and only when I reread the rules did I see that the entire 4 x 5 grid is referred to as the "center stocks."

I guess I'm surprised the rulebook wasn't simpler and just say "anytime a stack is exhausted, place an exhausted card" or "anytime the last card is removed from a stack place an exhausted card..."

Oh well...fun, great game...just a bit confused on the "center stacks" and therefore the exhausted cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Beiter
United States
Tonawanda
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It is a really fun game. My friends and I have gotten a lot of enjoyment out of it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Clark
United States
Galesburg
Illinois
flag msg tools
Yeah is a two player game there is really only 1 end game condition. That is when 4 stacks are depleted. The stacks include the characters, domains, and the monsters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dreadknot Knotdread
Canada
Markham
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gotta say, Mico has been underwhelming in our games. Twice now he's come in last.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.