Patrick
United States
Saint Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
Btȝ patrem nrum, Benedictum
mbmbmbmbmb
Just curious, I followed the development and the PnP contest last year but never crafted one myself.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
John85 wrote:
Just curious, I followed the development and the PnP contest last year but never crafted one myself.

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1406812/austerity-one-p...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Staines
United Kingdom
Grantham
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As Nathanael points out, the files are still available on the original development thread. I hadn't posted them to the game entry yet because there were a couple of minor changes and corrections I wanted to make; when I went to do that, I realised I'd painted myself into a corner a bit with the way I put the Illustrator file together in the first place.

I'm having to correct that and make the changes in order to build the copy I'm offering in February's Games 4 Geekgold lotteries, so I'll upload the corrected files soon!

In the meantime, there's nothing wrong with the original files; the changes are more helping aids (e.g. putting a reminder on the event chart on the board to make cuts when you draw a single black cube) and clarifications, so if you don't want to wait the files in that thread are perfectly fine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick
United States
Saint Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
Btȝ patrem nrum, Benedictum
mbmbmbmbmb
Bichatse wrote:
As Nathanael points out, the files are still available on the original development thread. I hadn't posted them to the game entry yet because there were a couple of minor changes and corrections I wanted to make; when I went to do that, I realised I'd painted myself into a corner a bit with the way I put the Illustrator file together in the first place.

I'm having to correct that and make the changes in order to build the copy I'm offering in February's Games 4 Geekgold lotteries, so I'll upload the corrected files soon!

In the meantime, there's nothing wrong with the original files; the changes are more helping aids (e.g. putting a reminder on the event chart on the board to make cuts when you draw a single black cube) and clarifications, so if you don't want to wait the files in that thread are perfectly fine.

Wow, thanks for the two excellent, quick responses. I thought it might still be in the development thread but didn't (quickly) know where that was. I'll keep an eye out for the finals, too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gord Pratt
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bichatse wrote:

Looking forward to the updated board. I also donated for that draw so maybe I'll win this one!
I've played a couple of time so far really enjoyed mechanics of drawing pairs. That and the sense of complex guilt that comes with knowing our entire nation was wiped out by poisoned water supply because we weren't rich enough to survive an economic downturn after we loosened the pure-strings to quell the riots. *Sigh* Economics...

Do you have plans of including a thematic score card for repeat players to track the high scores?

Thanks again!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Staines
United Kingdom
Grantham
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
gord42 wrote:

Do you have plans of including a thematic score card for repeat players to track the high scores?

It's not something that had crossed my mind - do you have any suggestions to what it might look like?

I sorted out some of my previous grief with the files at the weekend, so hopefully I'll be able to get the files together soon. Not tomorrow, though - Tuesday is RPG night!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gord Pratt
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bichatse wrote:

It's not something that had crossed my mind - do you have any suggestions to what it might look like?

Ever since I played Friday I have enjoyed having or making score sheets for solo games. I made this this one for DSD6 and this one for it's big brother Star Trek: The Dice Game.
I would offer to make one here as well, but I my skill level with graphic software wouldn't do your "desk full of newspaper" theme justice. This is the farthest I have gotten on a draft, and it's just ripped off from here.
Anyways, thought I'd throw it out there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gord Pratt
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Now I've played more, it doesn't really lend itself to a score-tracker in the same way as my previous examples.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Parkin
United States
Stow
Ohio
flag msg tools
Push Cubes. Blow Stuff Up.
badge
MIND. BLOWN.
mbmbmbmbmb
Bichatse wrote:
gord42 wrote:

I sorted out some of my previous grief with the files at the weekend, so hopefully I'll be able to get the files together soon. Not tomorrow, though - Tuesday is RPG night!

Any update on this, Jake?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Staines
United Kingdom
Grantham
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Annowme wrote:

Any update on this, Jake?

Just that I'd forgotten I was going to try and get them uploaded, and went on to other stuff! I'm working through the Solo Contest builds for G4GG, and I need to finalise the Austerity board before I can print it... but there's been plenty of other parts of the same job that I've been getting on with instead.

I'll try (again) to finish the Austerity bits off tonight and upload them at last! There's not a great deal of changes necessary, after all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Staines
United Kingdom
Grantham
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've submitted the v1.2 files for Austerity to the game page, we just need to wait for them to get approved now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
THE REVENGE OF THE GOLDFISH
Greece
Thessaloniki
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bichatse wrote:
I've submitted the v1.2 files for Austerity to the game page, we just need to wait for them to get approved now.

Great news!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Staines
United Kingdom
Grantham
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bichatse wrote:

Approved!

https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/128955/austerity-pnp-file...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.