Subject: visible difference in AC versions? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
gary gee
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,guys.

is thare any way you can tell the difference visibly between the old [poor] version or the redone version of the AC book?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad P
msg tools
mbmbmb
tootz wrote:
Hi,guys.

is thare any way you can tell the difference visibly between the old [poor] version or the redone version of the AC book?

Without opening it?

I think if you open it to any three random pages and do not see an xxx reference it is a new one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
gary gee
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ahhh ok thanks for the info

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Stewart
Canada
Burnaby
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
eriochrome wrote:
Without opening it?
Ah, so the cover still has the flipped image on the right side?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad P
msg tools
mbmbmb
EverywhereGames wrote:
eriochrome wrote:
Without opening it?

I do not know about that. The hardcover reprints are pretty light on the ground just going to some of the people whose initial pledges were misshipped or forgotten. No word on when the rest go out but they were supposed to ship by the end of January but their insufficent initial order is probably going to cost every one a month. Hopefully they get the out before they start shipping the next kickstarter (deadzone II).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
gary gee
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
reason im asking is..i managed to get a ks on ebay dirt cheap when it was released.that obviously had the old version of the AC book in it...I had already pre-ordered the legendary edition....got the core game first then the "revised" AC came later. but was sorting through the stuff and put both the books down together.and I haven't a freakin clue which one is which now.shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
gary gee
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
EverywhereGames wrote:
eriochrome wrote:
Without opening it?

flip image?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martijn van Ginkel
Netherlands
Enschede
Overijssel
flag msg tools
mbmb

I've got a both hard- and softcover adventurer companion however I believe non of them contain the infamous XXX references, I checked quickly and found some reference to other pages here and there, all with actual page numbers.

There does not seems to be any difference between the cover prints. The softcover book does have slightly brighter colors when comparing them side-to-side.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad P
msg tools
mbmbmb
tootz wrote:
EverywhereGames wrote:
eriochrome wrote:
Without opening it?

flip image?

If you look at the right edge of martins ac you will see that themor of the zombie is showing but if you look closely you will notice that they put a poorly placed mirror plane to fill in that place. It appears like the cover art was to small for the thkcker ac so they just created a little more poorly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.