Bora KORPE
France
Paris
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Hi

If there is a tie for an history's judgement card at the end of an era, both player score 8 points or nobody scores?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew S.
United States
Fairfax
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
(EDIT: Reversed the names)

History's judgement cards don't score 8 points, they score something like 2/wheat controlled or 2/glory tile or 3/building, etc. They are chosen by whoever passes first at the end of an era. I think you are confusing them with Future Technology cards.

Each player should only have one Future Technology card, and they can only score for their own card, which is a secret objective until the end of the game. You do score in case of a tie. (Otherwise the "Most glory tiles" objective would be horribly unfair, since you can't have more than four.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bora KORPE
France
Paris
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Sorry it is indeed the future technology cards .

Thank you for your reply.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucas Hedgren
United States
Dublin
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not true, re: Future Technologies. Check what the author says here: https://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/17832211#17832211

You only score them if you are solely in first place for the category.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew S.
United States
Fairfax
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
boomtron wrote:
Not true, re: Future Technologies. Check what the author says here: https://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/17832211#17832211

Interesting. I don't agree with Luigi's reasoning about the "most glory tiles" goal at all. If it's a tie, someone else has also taken four really useful actions, and they may have an actually achievable Future Technology.
If ties aren't going to count, I'd allow anyone who drew that card to draw a different one instead.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paulo Renato
Portugal
Vila Nova Gaia
Porto
flag msg tools
I run through Rahdo's Runthroughs and make right what once went wrong (via annotations)
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Prismattic wrote:
boomtron wrote:

Interesting. I don't agree with Luigi's reasoning about the "most glory tiles" goal at all. If it's a tie, someone else has also taken four really useful actions, and they may have an actually achievable Future Technology.
If ties aren't going to count, I'd allow anyone who drew that card to draw a different one instead.

I just don't use that specific card when drawing the cards for players... Problem solved

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert F-C
Australia
Sydney
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Muse23PT wrote:

I just don't use that specific card when drawing the cards for players... Problem solved

That's what I did as well.

Once I finally get a copy Cults and Cultures then I can look at putting the card back in the box as there are new ways to earn Glory tiles.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.