United States
Provo
Utah
flag msg tools
did I buy this?
badge
Nodoka Miyazaki ~ Negima!
mbmbmbmbmb
So the game ends immediately when 2 maid piles are empty. I feel that this give a lot of power to whoever is goes last, especially if they have a lot of Love/Employs after buying the last maid. They can just pick up an extra Collete for the 5 VP or throw Bad Habits at someone.

Has anyone ever played it so that all the other players get one last turn once the 2nd maid pile is empty? Or that everyone (including the player who bought the last maid) gets one more turn?

I've only been able to play the base set on the iOS app, but I could see last turn hi-jinks bring a problem when the game ends immediately.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Ell
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
Unless this game is more different than Dominion than I think, yes people often play with this variant. Dominion has a massive first-player problem and we often play with equal turns and phantom provinces (ie, the players taking their evening-up turns can buy provinces from outside the game).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Chhay
United States
Provo
Utah
flag msg tools
did I buy this?
badge
Nodoka Miyazaki ~ Negima!
mbmbmbmbmb
Elltrain wrote:
Unless this game is more different than Dominion than I think, yes people often play with this variant. Dominion has a massive first-player problem and we often play with equal turns and phantom provinces (ie, the players taking their evening-up turns can buy provinces from outside the game).

Thanks for the reply! I haven't played Dominion very much, so I never came across that variant. But Tanto Cuore plays just like Dominion. It's good to know that other people have thought of it and that it works!

Equal turns and phantom point cards sounds better than my idea of each player getting one more turn. I'll have to use it in my next game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.