Steven Bond
United States
Yonkers
New York
flag msg tools
designer
hey all,

So I got some advice to make a 1-2 minute trailer for my game to spark interest, and I think it's a great idea. I would like to create a somewhat animated video that maybe overlays live video, but I'm having trouble finding a program to use. Anyone have any recommendations of programs that don't have a steep learning curve that will allow me to mix live video with art from my game?

Thanks

Steve

www.copsandrobbersgame.com
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
whistle I would have a Purple-'perp' person depiction, as you attribute this with 'Homies' that spilt their preferred "Perp`le DRANK" A-L-L over themself now. "Homies" Cop cars, eh?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Blender will let you overlay video with static images or with other video. Blender is a 3D animation program but it has video editing built in.

You can also use it for 2D animation. If you want your raster image to move across the screen or zoom around it might be easiest to drag it around a 2D animation plane with a green background to green screen it and then overlay this rendered 2D video over the live video.

Avoiding steep learning curve and compositing video is pretty much oxymoronic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Wheatley
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Hello
mbmbmbmbmb
After Effects is the industry standard, but isn't for the faint of heart or slim of wallet. Anything you find that doesn't have a steep learning curve will likely give you amateurish results. This is the reason people like myself can charge $40 an hour for editing, compositing, and other effects work.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Moore
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
It's not what you are going for but live footage of hands with voice over has a good look. You can learn to do editing while you gain attention for your game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.