6 Posts

Frostgrave» Forums » General

Subject: Giant Frost Worm rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jennifer

Oklahoma
msg tools
This is the first monster I've ever sculpted. Used aluminum foil for the framework, then Mc'Donald's Napkins & Toilet Paper with white glue for bulk. Textured with modeling paste & a pencil. Used toothpicks for teeth (thanks DM Scotty). Drool was made with hot glue.

Reaper MSP HD Tropical blue for body along with American Snow White. Also used Reaper Dirty Bone for the teeth. Varnished inside mouth, lips and teeth with Wood Varnish.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Jordal
United States
Austin
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Ike Clanton painted by me for Wild West Exodus
mbmbmbmbmb
I am getting a broken image.

NM, I can see it now. Cool!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
United States
Boulder
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks great! Congrats on your first sculpt!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nevin Ball
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
That tickles!
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow! Very impressive!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph McCullough
msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Fantastic Work!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jennifer

Oklahoma
msg tools
Osprey Games wrote:
Fantastic Work!

Thanks! Fantastic work on the book and giving me a reason to make it!

Making loads of Frostgrave terrain. Goal is to buy/create & paint all the beastiary and soldiers and what not. And to craft all the terrain.

E.G. :

Stone Hut Ruins
Toilet paper mache bricks -- my invention .. well at least I haven't seen anyone else do this yet anyways. Making a total of six with various states of ruin. My interpretation of what you said in the book about six stone huts without roof, was that they were ruins

Mausoleum
outright copy of another one on internet but with my invention of corrugated cardboard pillars (each rail reinforced with a white glued bbq skewer).:

Well of Dreams & Sorrows

Above well is modular e.g. Well of Blood & Tears:

Well also turns out to be a nice base for ceramic figure I bought for $1 at flea market and painted as a town statue:

Some Misc Ruins:

All the stuff above and more is in my crafting thread, which has been dedicated to Frostgrave terrain as of late. It's at:

http://dmscraft.proboards.com/thread/3548/jennifer-gs-crafti...

A lot of the stuff is my own ideas and creations, but some of it was outright copying of ideas

My play mat is acrylic painted heavy canvas, and rolls up nicely and flattens out quickly when unrolled.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.