6 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Discussing Retailers

Subject: I wouldn't Recommend Buying From ESCToy.com rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jared Fox
msg tools
Hey All,

I normally don't complain about companies, but this has been one of the worst experiences that I feel everyone should be made aware about.

It's been over 22 days in trying to resolve, in what I believe, a simple issue with Esc-Toy Ltd.​ I purchased the The Last of Us​ Joel and Ellie Figurine set. When I opened up the parcel box, to my surprise was there a 1 inch TEAR on the top of the Figurine Set box! Nothing from the parcel packaging could've done this, so I contacted their customer support to remedy the situation. They decide the best solution is to send me another box by itself. I wait 4 days or so to get it, and, upon examination, the box, albeit in perfect condition, is missing the Official Licensed Product sticker! A collectors item without this sticker on the box is worthless as you know. After notifying them about this problem, they said I need to wait a week until they hear back from their Shenzhen office who is out of the office. That was last week, January 12th, and it is now January 22nd without any update.

Have any of you experienced something like this with Esc-Toy Ltd.? Any good outcomes/suggestions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Casey
United States
Macon
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So you created a BGG account to complain about something that's not even relevant to this site? When done sir! I must now release the hounds. Get 'em boys.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kendahl Johnson
United States
Syracuse
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Send your stuff back and get a refund. Maybe initiate a chargeback if necessary. Good luck...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mindy Basi
United States
Urbana
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:

is missing the Official Licensed Product sticker! A collectors item without this sticker on the box is worthless as you know.

I didn't know this, actually.

Ask them to send you a sticker, and you will be good to go.

Edit: you should probably send the entire thing back and get your refund. Hopefully you bought on ebay or with paypal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Connell
United States
Newark
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Really?!?! Just, um wow...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Fox
msg tools
caseypd63 wrote:
So you created a BGG account to complain about something that's not even relevant to this site? When done sir! I must now release the hounds. Get 'em boys.

No, not at all. The reason for this post was two-fold. The first one being that I feel problems like these should be made aware to the public where it helps educate new/existing customers, if they do research on the company online, to be cautious when purchasing from them. The other reason is that I also wanted to get advice from people who know about these types of collectible items, and find out what I should do in the situation I'm in.

The feedback has been helpful from all, and is much appreciated!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.