One Zero One» Forums » Rules

Subject: "Tiebreaker" for program lines? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lindsay Cullen
Australia
flag msg tools
Hi there

I recently received the game as a gift and am very excited to start playing it. I have one question for clarification:

The Rahdo run through video referred a number of times to a "tiebreak" for program lines with equal numbers of the two player's cards, being that the player with the leftmost card controls the program line, but the rules do not mention this and seem to indicate that a tied line is controlled by no-one.

Can anyone clarify? Is the video wrong or using an outdated ruleset? Or do the printed rules need an addition?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Belcher
Australia
New Norfollk
Tasmania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
He must have been using a pre-production or preview copy of the rules. My kickstarter edition rules certainly don't mention a tiebreaker and explicitly say that if neither player has a majority of cards then the line is uncontrolled and doesn't score (if still uncontrolled when the game ends).

the conditions for control are

1. Your digit must be faceup on more cards than the other player (colour irrelevant) AND

2. there must be at least three cards in the program line

Quote:
if neither of these conditions are met, then neither player is in control of the program line and neither player would be awarded points for that line if the game was to end
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Harding
Australia
Ashfield
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Lindsay!
Great question because Rahdo "goofed" in that video :) Not sure where he got that rule from :) He mentioned in a later corrections video that it was an error.
There are no tiebreakers for a line - if there are an equal number of each digit in that line then it is a tie - no one controls it.
Any other questions, ask away!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lindsay Cullen
Australia
flag msg tools
thanks for the quick reply. Playing a few rounds of the game with my daughter will now be tomorrow's main task!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.