Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
9 Posts

Neanderthal» Forums » Rules

Subject: Daughter dependancy during blizzards require any husband or mature husband? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Josh Bamford
United States
Jacksonville
Florida
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Could somebody provide some clarification on this issue. The rules indicate under blizzard (D5) that she only needs to be married (no indication of the husband having to be matured) for blizzard protection but in the Husbands and promotion section (E3), it would seem that the husband needs to be mature for this protection.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reverend Uncle Bastard
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Unapologetic Continual Troublemaker!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
gbe275 wrote:
Could somebody provide some clarification on this issue. The rules indicate under blizzard (D5) that she only needs to be married (no indication of the husband having to be matured) for blizzard protection but in the Husbands and promotion section (E3), it would seem that the husband needs to be mature for this protection.


A daughter doesn't count as married until the husband is mature, so until the husband is matured she counts as a dependent.

This also applies to things like unlocking daughter powers when you are a pair-bonding species. The powers are not unlocked until the husband is mature.
1 
 Thumb up
0.25
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Bamford
United States
Jacksonville
Florida
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
reverendunclebastard wrote:

A daughter doesn't count as married until the husband is mature, so until the husband is matured she counts as a dependent.

This also applies to things like unlocking daughter powers when you are a pair-bonding species. The powers are not unlocked until the husband is mature.


According to the living rules, If you are pair bonding, a husband (mature or immature) is required to unlock your daughter’s benefits.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reverend Uncle Bastard
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Unapologetic Continual Troublemaker!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
gbe275 wrote:
reverendunclebastard wrote:

A daughter doesn't count as married until the husband is mature, so until the husband is matured she counts as a dependent.

This also applies to things like unlocking daughter powers when you are a pair-bonding species. The powers are not unlocked until the husband is mature.


According to the living rules, If you are pair bonding, a husband (mature or immature) is required to unlock your daughter’s benefits.


I stand corrected, I hadn't seen that.

So in answer to the OP, you need a mature husband to make a daughter independent. However, an immature husband will unlock abilities for a pair-bonding species.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Bamford
United States
Jacksonville
Florida
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
That's what I thought but wanted to verify. Thanks
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
loic boisnier
France
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
If you are not pair bonding, what is the role of an husband ?

Can an immature daughter does a portal action ?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phillip McCaughey
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Husbands are points at the end of the game. In game they offer protection to your daughters, in terms of fighting off courting hunters (they count as war parties if mature) and making a wife a non-dependent (again, if mature). E3 summarises under 'Benefits'

And, no, an immature daughter can not be used for a portal action. The last bullet point of D7 points out that daughters are inactive when immature
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyrill Melai
Netherlands
Nijmegen
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
Once I could recite whole episodes of Dexter's Laboratory.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
loic wrote:
If you are not pair bonding, what is the role of an husband ?

Can an immature daughter does a portal action ?


The abilities of a daughter of a pair bonding species cannot be used until she is married. A daughter is considered married if the husband is immature.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Murr Rockstroh
United States
Fleming Island
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
filliptoo wrote:
And, no, an immature daughter can not be used for a portal action. The last bullet point of D7 points out that daughters are inactive when immature


It would be nice if the Living Rules were updated in the I. PHASE 6, PORTAL, NEOLEXIA, & ELDER ACTIONS (any order) section to say

Each Daughter Card depicts one or two portals, i.e. disks representing metaphoric words that bridge two brain domains. If vocal, for your action you may perform a portal action using a mature daughter either in your tableau or with whom you are married.

If what I quoted is correct, which I believe it is.

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.