Popular Tags: [View All]
Randy Paterno
United States
Milwaukie
OREGON
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hello,

We ran into a situation during a demo where a growth stop had to be applied to the Elder's church, and they were currently on a boat at the time. We decided that the stop applied to the church, not the boat, so when the church disembarked at Carthage the stop went with them.

Was this the correct interpretation of the design intent? Or should the growth stop have stayed with the boat?

Thanks!

- Randy
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Lysaght
msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Randy,

You played it correctly. Some of that is covered in the special circumstances section, but it sounds like you demoed it correctly. How did the splash go?

Patrick
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Paterno
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Hello,

Thanks for the info! I was worried I had gotten that wrong.

I think it went ok. We went through one full play through with 3 players and one of them was really interested in picking up the game. We were able to win the 'Acts of the Apostles' scenario without the message die, although the players had indicated that they thought additional difficulty would not have overbalanced the game.

Additionally I had about 7 other people stop by and ask questions about the game, so I was able to give them a general explanation of how the game works and left them with a quarter page hand bill in case they wanted to look at the game at a later point.

- Randy
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.