Michael J
United States
Folsom
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had a situation the other day where my 3 units became spent on 3 consecutive turns, and the AI ended up with 2 fresh units remaining at the start of its turn. I had 0 CAP's and no command cards. In other words, I was completely finished for the round.

The AI Order card had ZERO actions that were possible for the AI. There were no priority order situations. The Counteraction was "if no unit just fired", and my last turn was an attack. There were no Hit AI, no Fresh units, no units in the open, and the mission orders weren't applicable either. Basically, the AI passed despite having 2 fresh units compared to my none. This would never happen in a real game.

I'm thinking about Rule 42'ing this situation and basically adding a rule that says "draw another card if the AI cannot execute any order and the player is completely out of the round". OR, should I just count my
lucky stars and go to the next round?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Fliss
United States
Sterling
Virginia
flag msg tools
Damn fine soldiers, Cottonbalers by God! -- US 7th Infantry Regiment
mbmbmbmbmb
Was the AI the attacker or defender? If defender, I'd interpret it that the AI simply passed and then move on. If attacker, you could interpret the lack of activation as heaven-sent confusion on your enemy's part and no need to invoke Rule 42. In the end though, it is a solo game and you should go with what you feel is the correct course of action.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lewis Karl
United States
Vienna
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't use rule 42 for end of round rules, so would pass in your situation. I mainly use rule 42 for individual order decisions that just don't make sense, when I think the AI will be better off. But you can house rule anything you like to adjust the difficulty of the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael J
United States
Folsom
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
pisqueeter wrote:
I don't use rule 42 for end of round rules, so would pass in your situation. I mainly use rule 42 for individual order decisions that just don't make sense, when I think the AI will be better off. But you can house rule anything you like to adjust the difficulty of the game.

Well, you bring up a good point. The game is hard enough as is. The enemy gets WAY more CAP's than the human player (in Mission 1, the AI got like 12 last game in one round against me). So maybe this just evens things out?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris in Kansai
Japan
Otsu
Shiga
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mjacobsca wrote:
This would never happen in a real game.

Obviously you mean against a human opponent - the solo system is a different game I think. As you say, the AI already has major command card advantages so the game is balanced differently.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.