Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Stuart
Australia
Wongawallan
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not sure if this has ever been mentioned, but for anyone looking to add a ton of new monsters to the DDAS games on the cheap and don't mind making up rules, check out the Pathfinder Pawns: Bestiary Boxes put out by Paizo. You get hundreds of cardboard pawns of classic monsters from the D&D Monster Manual, all with great art, solid card, and the bases and size of the pawns match up perfectly with the DDAS miniatures. Yes, you'll have to come up with rules for the monsters yourself, but I love making that stuff up. I just bought Box 1 and I'm very impressed -- I can't wait to bust out the Gelatinous Cube during a game!

Anyway, you can see all the boxes and what monsters they have in them here: http://paizo.com/pathfinder/miniatures/pawns

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy Young
United States
Ogden
UT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
How thick is the cardstock for these?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart
Australia
Wongawallan
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think they're about 2mm thick. They are really nice and solid, which I was quite surprised about when I first opened the box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger McKay
Canada
Bedford
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The game Those Pesky Humans has some very nice cut out standees, too.

For me, though, I don't like mixing figure styles in a game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger McKay
Canada
Bedford
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
After looking at the product descriptions, I have to say that the cut outs are a little overpriced, while the PDFs are ridiculously expensive.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Silver Bowen
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Woo! Gonna get some
badge
44, that's me!
mbmbmbmbmb
The Paizo Bestiary Boxes (and NPC Boxes and Codex Boxes) are awesome. The art looks good (although may not be for everyone) and they are super convenient and much more affordable compared to prepainted minis.

I use them all the time in my D&D RPG games, and see no reason they can't be used in other fantasy type games, whether RPG or board.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart
Australia
Wongawallan
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RogMcK wrote:
After looking at the product descriptions, I have to say that the cut outs are a little overpriced

How so? 300+ pawns for $39.99 US seems pretty good to me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damo the fool
Australia
Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmb
They are just cutouts?

You can easily find images online and print your own.

I think the box does come with some stands though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.