Manu
Germany
Berlin
Berlin
flag msg tools
badge
I am not a cyborg!
mbmbmbmbmb

Given the stacking limit of only one unit in column, does this effectively create a "road congestion" situation whereby if, e.g. a tank column from formation A is currently on the road, and I want to move a unit from formation B also in column on that road and through that formation A unit... well, I... can't?

(Apologies as I spam the rules forum... I'm new to GTS and not a heavy wargamer, so what may seem obvious to many will often feel surprising - and cool! - to me)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austin Richards
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Yes, so be carefull when moving two formations through the same bottleneck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Curtis
United States
Christiana
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, you are correct. Understanding this concept and how you can take a voluntary Cohesion Hit to drop out of column can save you in such situations if you do it with the potential road blocking unit.

Also, moving units from front to back allow for the snake like movement that a column of units can look and behave like.

These concepts are important in TDC/WED and TGD.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manu
Germany
Berlin
Berlin
flag msg tools
badge
I am not a cyborg!
mbmbmbmbmb
sfu_fear wrote:
...Understanding this concept and how you can take a voluntary Cohesion Hit to drop out of column can save you in such situations...

Yikes, I had not realized that you could do that voluntarily, I wrongly interpreted the rule as taking an involuntary cohesion hit by being fired upon!

(frantically updates his crib-sheet blush)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.