Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Mitchell
United Kingdom
Brighton
East Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I saw Angry Joe play a live session on Twitch a few days ago. It should still be up on their channel.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
From what I hear, though, watching it may not prove very fruitful, as it sounds like they mess up the rules over and over.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
NoFunAtAll
Belgium
Antwerp
flag msg tools
badge
John Coltrane: My Favorite Things // Jackie Mclean: Swing Swang Swingin' // Clifford Jordan: Cliff Craft // Sam Rivers: Fuchsia Swing Song
mbmbmbmbmb
Was already posted somewhere on the forum, and no, it is far from helpful .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marshall Black
United States
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mb
He has done 2 live plays and still not doing the rules right. Not doing combat correctly. His death star is blowing up planets in systems that it is not in. They are rolling dice on resolve missions and when unoposed when they dont need to. The read a card and then dont do what it says. The rebel player doesnt have a clue. Hard to watch but a least he has it out for us to see. So far that, i thank him, He also thinks vader force chokes general tagge in A new Hope. He choked motti.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mikael mordai
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Maybe angryjoe is too used to playing video games where the game sets the bounderies and the rules...i am still hoping for a dice tower playthrough...and yes tom messes up rules too but i have more faith in him..

Maybe angryjoe is using the star killer variant?...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Unger
msg tools
I think we should be thankful FFG is allowing a streamer to demo the game so that we can all see it beforehand. He is just trying to entertain his viewer base. I think criticizing him for doing his job is kind of unfair.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tommy Roman
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So my son is familiar with AJ/OJ because he watches their video games demos/playthroughs. I may be missing something here, but this type of activity doesn't translate well to a boardgame.

The rule errors, frequent interruptions as he looks through the book, checking his iPad and relieving himself (thankfully off-camera) was distracting to say the least. Poor OJ was left there with really nothing to do except take up memory on the camera card.

I'm a die-hard SW fan and thank goodness Tom Vasel pumped out a review with Sam Healy around the same time, because some people might have been turned off by AJ's style.

Dude, stick with video games (and dial back on the Taco Bell).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Three Headed Monkey
Australia
flag msg tools
fahzza wrote:
I think we should be thankful FFG is allowing a streamer to demo the game so that we can all see it beforehand. He is just trying to entertain his viewer base. I think criticizing him for doing his job is kind of unfair.

I appreciate his efforts, to be sure, but he isn't doing his job well in this instance. There are things he should be doing better so yes we can critisize him.

He should not be getting the basic mechanics of the game wrong in his second game. You can't deny that it is costing him views. I want to watch a game play session of this game so bad, but I can't watch this because it is not an accurate representation of the game.

I don't want him to give up board games, he just needs to work on his prep to make sure that his viewers are engaged.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dale Franklin
New Zealand
Timaru
South Canterbury
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Angry Joe did mention at the start of the Video that they were learning the rules and intend on doing another live play-through at a later date. Can't get much more specific than that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Unger
msg tools
Three Headed Monkey wrote:
fahzza wrote:

I appreciate his efforts, to be sure, but he isn't doing his job well in this instance. There are things he should be doing better so yes we can critisize him.

He should not be getting the basic mechanics of the game wrong in his second game. You can't deny that it is costing him views. I want to watch a game play session of this game so bad, but I can't watch this because it is not an accurate representation of the game.

I don't want him to give up board games, he just needs to work on his prep to make sure that his viewers are engaged.

He's a video game streamer, who dabbles in board game streams. He's going to make mistakes, he looked like a human to me... I'll concede that he could have "practiced" the game off stream and made sure he was doing the rules right, but his game play is hardly un-watchable. He makes a few mistakes but not enough to get the gist of the game.(or ruin the awesomeness that this game appears to be) I cant recall any game breaking mistakes other than the death star going star killer mode. I don't even watch AngryJoe, I just happened to stumble across him playing the game. (Actually didn't even know this game was a game until i saw him playing it)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Söderberg
Sweden
Gothenburg
flag msg tools
mbmb
I think it's cool that he did the video.
I'm dying for more info about the game, cards, etc.
I got some new info from the video for sure.
But of course I agree on the rules thing.
Also all the hidden information is open, with the probe cards and the tactics cards. The real deal will play quite different obviously.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Three Headed Monkey
Australia
flag msg tools
fahzza wrote:
Three Headed Monkey wrote:
fahzza wrote:

He's a video game streamer, who dabbles in board game streams. He's going to make mistakes, he looked like a human to me... I'll concede that he could have "practiced" the game off stream and made sure he was doing the rules right, but his game play is hardly un-watchable. He makes a few mistakes but not enough to get the gist of the game.(or ruin the awesomeness that this game appears to be) I cant recall any game breaking mistakes other than the death star going star killer mode. I don't even watch AngryJoe, I just happened to stumble across him playing the game. (Actually didn't even know this game was a game until i saw him playing it)

Yeah all good. I do like the fact that he is streaming boardgames. It is pretty cool to see them become more mainstream. I just get very frustrated watching people make rules errors and just wish he did more prep to better represent the product.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
michael dirrim
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mb
Watch Tom and Sam. Much better.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.