Popular Tags: [View All]
Rafael Maia
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The rulebook says that if mamma raptor has wounds, she must spend that many action points before doing her "first move". But we had a bit of a confusion as to what constitutes a "first move" when you interrupt a movement with another action, like killing a scientist or waking up a baby.

For example, say the raptor player wants to:
-move vertically
-move horizontally
-kill a scientist
-move horizontally

Mom has one wound. Will this sequence cost 5 actions (1 action before the first move of the round) or 6 actions (1 action cost from the wound before the first move of each time the mom is moved, so 1 action before the first move at the start and another before her first move after killing the scientist)?

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bruno faidutti
France
PARIS
flag msg tools
designer
In this case, five actions. It's one action ooint before the first move in the player's turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rafael Maia
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Excellent, we played it right then! Thanks for the quick reply!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Turner
United Kingdom
Farnham
Surrey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I assume that if you only eat a scientist With the mother, that does not constitute a move, and therefore doesn't cost an extra action point?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron White
Australia
Bathurst
New South Wales
flag msg tools
Bennett from Brawl
badge
Slow and Thoughtful
mbmbmbmbmb
MrMT wrote:
I assume that if you only eat a scientist With the mother, that does not constitute a move, and therefore doesn't cost an extra action point?

In my copy of the rulebook, it only lists the wounded rule under the move heading. So I have been playing this that the momma dinosaur only has to spend additional action points for the first movement across the board each turn. For example, if a scientist was next to the dinosaur at the start of its turn, it could eat the scientist for only one action point regardless of the number of wounds. Is this correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fabien Conus
Switzerland
Geneva
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MrMT wrote:

That's correct.

Only the move action requires the extra action point.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In case anyone got the rule wrong like me, when you lose action points before moving, you do not remove the sleep tokens.

I had played.
(mama has 2 sleep token & 4 actions)
Mama removes 2 sleep tokens for 2 actions.
Mama moves twice.
(end of the turn mama has 0 sleep tokens)

The rules as I now understand them,
(mama has 2 sleep token & 4 actions)
Mama spends 2 action points in anticipation of moving, has 2 left.
Mama moves twice.
(end of the turn mama has 2 sleep tokens)

I'm not sure why I thought you removed the tokens. The game seemed pretty balanced the few times I played this way, but it will be interesting to play it the correct way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xander Michael
Finland
Helsinki
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I love this game, I think that it's so wonderfully balanced, but this wounded mama is the one part of it that I can't seem to get clear in my mind. Up until reading this post I'd been playing thusly:

(Mama has two tranquilizer shots in her)
With 5 actions she moves three max, because she loses two from the shots and then has two actions that are not movement related. So she might eat a scientist and move a baby.

After reading this post it sounds like the tranquilizers cut down all actions unless you don't move at all. Is that right?

If I have two actions and one tranq. shot, and I start my turn next to a scientist, after eating them, do I have no more actions, or could I move a baby?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As I understand it, you only take the penalty if you want to move. So, if you have two actions and one tranquilizer shot, you can kill a scientist next to you and move a baby.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julien Grenier
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tranquilizer shots only applied on the first movement action of the mother raptor. Subsequent movements of the mother aren't penalized even if she stopped to kill a scientist/wake up a baby.

Example: with 5 actions she can:
1- Can a scientist next to her (1 action)
2- Move (2 actions)
3- Wake up a baby(1 action)
4- Move again(1 action)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.