Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul Aceto
United States
Fairfax
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
After repeated defeats while trying to play Tunnel Fever with one or two characters, I finally realized the problem: there just isn't enough map card turnover with those lower numbers.

Think of it this way: in a typical medium difficult game, you'll start with codes totaling at least six. This means you essentially have only six turns to win, absent any other kind of change. But to affect the infection board, you need to find settlements 1-4. In a four player game, all the map cards will usually be out by the end of turn 4. In a single player game, after four turns you'll be lucky to see even one settlement. I lost several games never seeing more than one.

So here is my idea to address this:

When playing with fewer than four players, adjust the map deck by removing two random, non-settlement cards for each player missing. this will help to ensure that you will see more settlement cards.

I just played three games using two characters and map deck of 12 cards (four settlement, eight non-settlement) and each one went down to the wire. I think in any case the game is better with multiple characters, even when playing solo, and I don't think I'll ever try with just one.

So give it a try let me know what you think.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vermin Games
Bulgaria
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmb
Yes, there is a problem with difficulty scaling and this is a great way to solve it!

We plan to release a further improved version of the rules, but I can't promise when will this happen (we're working on another title and it takes a hell of a time for testing and balancing). In the meantime I highly recommend this solution!

Best regards,
Gad
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Aceto
United States
Fairfax
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks.

Do you have any plans to sell through distributors? Some Canadian colleagues were interested in the game, but the shipping was too expensive. Boardgamebliss in Canada might be a good option, as is Noble Knight in the US.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vermin Games
Bulgaria
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmb
Why not?
If they are interested and you'd like to make the contact, we'd be happy to find some better pricing solution for big parcels and reward you with some bonus content
To be honest, by the time of our KS campaign we were contacted by an USA distributor, but they requested a really unacceptable, unprofitable discount, so we refused to make a deal.

However, considering single game packages, currently this is almost the cheapest shipping option we have. The only one cheaper is without a tracking code, which drops the shipping price in half, but this is... quite insecure, you can imagine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Aceto
United States
Fairfax
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll ask themto get into touch with you. Noble Knight carries a lot of non-US publishers' games, so I assume they offer a good rate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vermin Games
Bulgaria
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmb
Dear Paul,
The Rulebook v. 1.2 is ready (finally!) and your suggestion found its place there!
We also included your name in the Special Thanks section
The files can be found in our website and here in BGG (when moderators approve the upload).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Aceto
United States
Fairfax
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow. Thanks for that!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.