DC Comics Deck-Building Game» Forums » Variants

Subject: My custom DC set rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gray Dog
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
Earlier this week, on a whim, I decided it was time to start mixing my DC sets together into a single main deck of ~110 cards, in a way that me and my gaming group would enjoy. I was hoping to share it here, for suggestions, comments, discussion, or for anyone else to use if they'd like.

The set can be found at this google document, since I make changes relatively often at the moment, and it's not very practical to constantly edit a forum post.

I know a lot of people would rather mix together all of their superheroes with a setup like this and pick one out of the dozens, but I'm going for something more contained and (hopefully) balanced, with somewhere around 7 to 9 playable characters.

In this deck I'm attempting to make card destruction more easily found and available, and trying to keep cards mostly to 1-ofs, although if multiples of a card does something well, I'm not entirely opposed to it. I also have Power Rings and Kyle Rayner in the deck, because I'm personally a fan of the card. There's a few things that help achieve that win condition in the deck too, like Shapeshift, along with Power Rings from base set and Forever Evil.

It's still pretty rough, and my biggest concern right now is about the balance of the available characters. That seems like something that comes with more playtesting though, but if anyone has any thoughts in regards to that, be it either main deck changes that might help, or the addition/removal of characters, I would appreciate it.

A side-note, I own all sets besides Crossover 1 and Rivals, so while I am giving their inclusion some thought, I haven't included any of those cards for the time being.

Thank you all for your time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.