Andrew Spiers

Solihull
msg tools
Hey

I would be very grateful if you shine some light on the following questions that I have accumulated over my first 4-5 play-throughs:-

1. What is the purpose of the Jungle clearing location card. It says in that if you play it you move the objective one space back. Is there any advantage to playing this over just waiting for a different location card?

2. (I have seen this questions asked to an extent in other forum posts) Can you play multiple cards that almost chain together. For example, can I play snap shot followed by he card that boosts the aim etc. Are there any combinations that aren't allowed.

3. Marksman Skill Card vs Close Combat - one boosts all ranged attacks and one boosts only range 0 attacks but they both cost 3 points. Am I miss understanding each of these cards or is one objectively better?

4. If an NPS has a piece of equipment does that prevent a player soldier taking the same equipment where there are limited numbers?

5. Do bad guy cards that spawn during the reinforcement phase of the bad guys turn attack straight away?

6. Does the Shooter skill which boosts ranged attacks boost grenade throws?

7. If you play the suppress card does the weapon of which you discard the ammo need to have ammo (ie not showing reload)

8. When does the objective card become active?

9. When do you reassign the target which a bad guy intends to attack after the solider is killed by another bad guy - and do they attack that other solider straight away if they can?

10. When do you discard cards from your hand when you take damage?

11. the card that allows you to make a stealth attack without using an action - I assume you still need to have a stealth weapon to do so?

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

Love the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David in Sydney (now in Coffs)
Australia
Coffs Harbour
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
G'day and welcome
Great questions - someone is sure to answer them in more detail
1/ play it or discard and draw till you get one that you like.
2/ chains are good! Especially when all the team is contributing
3/ Markesman is for RANGED weapons only, close combat is ranged and thrown and unarmed and mines
4/ yes
5/ yes
6/ no
7/ yes (otherwise its out if ammo and so isn't going to suppress the hostile
8/ when you have a soldier adjacent and you choose to activate it
9/ When a soldier is downed, remove his targeting counters and redraw the Hostiles straight away. So yes if X downs the soldier Z will draw another soldier target and attempt to attack them.
10/ when you next Choose to do a Discard and Draw action
11/ yes - noting at present that unarmed attacks are stealth (v2 rules - see proposed v3 change)

Glad your enjoying!
Feel free to share AAR!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vladimir Lehotai
Slovakia
Piešťany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with all but one David's replies.

4- you are not limited by the weapon, skill or equipment card numbers. Hell, you can have 4 player soldiers each having the M67 grenades, even there is only one card in the box.
It's in the rulebook on page 10, second paragraph in the "Equipping your team" section.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David in Sydney (now in Coffs)
Australia
Coffs Harbour
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
4/ I was assuming equipment like Wrist GPS that you can only have one of.

Otherwise as Vladamir said - the number of cards or ammo counters don't limit what your player soldiers can have.

You NPS can only have what they come with.

Squad soldiers are always as they are.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Spiers

Solihull
msg tools
Fantastic reply - thank you
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Talone
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This thread should be STICKYED

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.