Popular Tags: [View All]
Josh Jennings
United States
San Diego
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
It's back again! The Super Bowl is set to happen in two weeks on Sunday, February 7th 2016. The games are always more fun to watch when you have a little something on the line, so let's wager some GG!

Here's the info:

The High Stakes grid is here : http://100boxes.com/game/4069

The grid is 100% full! The numbers have been generated, so go check it out!

High Stakes wrote:

Q1 - 200 - KevinYouells
Q2 - 200 - finke67
Q3 - 200 - claymore_57
Q4 - 400 - joeklecko

The Low Stakes grid is here : http://100boxes.com/game/4070

The grid is 100% full! The numbers have been generated, so go check it out!

Low Stakes wrote:

Q1 - 20 - thermogimp
Q2 - 20 - finke67
Q3 - 20 - jeffreyac
Q4 - 40 - finke67

Password for both is "aldie".

You have to register for the site and if you can register with your BGG username, that will make things easier. You'll then be able click away on the squares you want. If you choose your squares first you will have 24 hrs to tip this list or your picks will be removed.

Basic Rules:
- Cost is 10per square for High Stakes and 1 per square for Low Stakes
- There is a 10-square limit per player on each board.
- Once all squares are filled numbers will be randomly assigned to the grid
- All for claimed squares must be sent within 24hrs of claiming or your squares will be removed.
- The payout breakdown is 20% for each quarter and 20% for the final score. So if there's no overtime, that means that the score at the end of the fourth quarter will win 40% (20% = 200 in the high stakes game and 20 in the low stakes game).

GOODblankLUCK

Some more info for newcomers:

This is a basic superbowl squares pool. You pick a square and pay a geekgold for it. After the squares are all filled the rows and columns will be randomly assigned a number from 0-9. The geek with the cell that sits at the intersection of the one's digit of each team's score at the end of each quarter in the SuperBowl gets a prize.

For example, say at the end of the 1st quarter the AFC team is winning 10-3...you go across to the 0 and down to the 3...if that's your square you win the designated payout. Prizes given after each quarter.

Extra info:

-I will open more grids based on demand.
-I reserve the right to play myself.
-All slots must be filled by Sunday, February 7th 6:00pm EST. If there are 10 or less slots left in either board, then I will fill the remaining slots myself. If there are more than 10 empty slots then I will cancel the game and refund all the .
-Last year's contest.
-Special thanks to Joe Klecko who reminded me to start the squares earlier this year.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Berg
United States
Medford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
You can count on me!
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah cool! I'll have to take part.

A table I put together, to show the odds of any particular digit coming up based on previous Superbowl scores:

#--Times--Odds

0----103---26%
1----24-----6%
2----11-----3%
3----61----16%
4----40----10%
5----10-----3%
6----32-----8%
7----81----21%
8----13-----3%
9----17-----4%

And some thoughts on the effects of the PAT rule changes on the above statistics:
Spoiler (click to reveal)

The rule changes for the 2015 season have resulted in a dramatic increase in missed PATs. While last season both Carolina and Denver were perfect, this year Carolina made 95.59% and Denver made 97.37% of their PATs. Netted together, we have a 3.5% chance of a missed PAT for each attempt. This means that we should have at least a 3.5% decrease in 7's occurring, as scoring combinations that sum to 7 not involving PATs are extremely rare. While this sounds significant, it nets out to a less than 1% change in actual probabilities. The rule change effects the probabilities more significantly as the game goes on. Late game scores already begin to normalize themselves across the 0-9 spread, the PAT change will only accelerate this process.

Needless to say this is all conjecture and the odds listed on this sheet have not been adjusted. As this chart is based solely on previous super bowl scores, other changes since the start of the Super Bowl era likely have had a larger impact than the PAT change. The increase in parity across the NFL has lead to closer scores, not to mention the ever increasing abilities of field goal kickers across the league that lead to the PAT change in the first place.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Klecko
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In!

Are you sticking with a 10 square limit on each board?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Jennings
United States
San Diego
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
joeklecko wrote:
In!

Are you sticking with a 10 square limit on each board?

Yes, thank you! Last year I ran it so close to the super bowl that I lifted that restriction. I've now added it back to the rules. If the boards fill up though, I'll open more and I'll let people buy a second set of 10 squares on the new board.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike K
United States
Fairless Hills
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In for 5 GG (in the low-stakes pool).

My son picked out the 4 middle squares (and 1 other). I would never have done that. If it works, he's picking ALL my boxes in such pools from now on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I bought some shoes from a drug dealer. I don’t know what he laced them with, but I’ve been tripping all day.
United States
Kansas City
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
I think that all right-thinking people in this country are sick and tired of being told that ordinary, decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am.
mbmbmbmbmb
I accidentally did the Low Stakes pool, so I have bought five squares in each one and tipped 55 GG.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Jennings
United States
San Diego
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
claymore_57 wrote:
I accidentally did the Low Stakes pool, so I have bought five squares in each one and tipped 55 GG.

If you'd like a refund I can do that. Let me know.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Jennings
United States
San Diego
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Almost 50% full overall in the first day! Let's keep up this pace and open some more squares!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff
United States
Pensacola
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
little known fact: I made most of my vast geekgold fortune by hitting big two years ago. As a result, I feel the need to give some back to the community... or, you know, gamble away all my ill-gained goods!

Took ten on each!

Good luck all! And go Broncos!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Jennings
United States
San Diego
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
1st day - 50% full.
2nd day - 50% full...

Come on, guys!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Klecko
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm surprised there's still a good number left. Maybe more will see this during the weekend.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Brown
United States
Parker
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
joeklecko wrote:
I'm surprised there's still a good number left. Maybe more will see this during the weekend.

In for 3 HS and 5 LS squares!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Jennings
United States
San Diego
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Only one week to go until the super bowl and we are roughly 58% full. Let's fill out those squares, guys and gals!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Jennings
United States
San Diego
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Okay, guys. Only 5 days left to get in on the squares and they haven't budged an inch since this weekend. Let's fill them up in time for the big game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GodRob
United States
Culpeper
Virginia
flag msg tools
While primarily used for killing vampires, a wooden stake to the heart is also highly effective against most other opponents.
badge
Everybody wants to be a Game Designer but nobody wants to be a Game Designer.
mbmbmbmbmb
My first registration didn't "take" (I never got the confirmation email) so I can't use "robertg611". My second under "GodRob" worked.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff
United States
Pensacola
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Must be something in the water - we had the same problem scaring up folks to participate in the office pool. Finally this morning begged enough that a few other guys ponied up and have the office one at about 95% or so now.

I'd think it'd be easier here, with the GG bonus from the yearly drive burning a hole in our pockets...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Jennings
United States
San Diego
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Alright, now we're making some progress! We're currently hovering around 77% full.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Jennings
United States
San Diego
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
We are two days away! I decided to jump in on a few squares myself and we're now almost full. Get your squares while you can because we probably won't have enough time to open more boards!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Jennings
United States
San Diego
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Well, the high stakes grid just filled up. Thank you to everyone who bought squares! The numbers have been generated. Good luck to everyone!

The low stakes grid still has 16 unclaimed spaces. They are only 1GG apiece! We only have a little over 20 hours to go until kickoff, so let's fill it up by then, guys!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tsar Count
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
In for 5 Squares @ 1 each on low stakes
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Jennings
United States
San Diego
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Just 8 squares left! Get 'em while they're hot!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Jennings
United States
San Diego
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Less than 8 hours left to fill these last 8 squares. Does nobody have 8gg to wager?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Finke
United States
Cumming
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thermogimp wrote:
Less than 8 hours left to fill these last 8 squares. Does nobody have 8gg to wager?

I'm your huckleberry...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Jennings
United States
San Diego
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
And we're all full! Numbers are now generated for the low stakes game. Thanks to everyone who joined. Enjoy the game today and good luck!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GodRob
United States
Culpeper
Virginia
flag msg tools
While primarily used for killing vampires, a wooden stake to the heart is also highly effective against most other opponents.
badge
Everybody wants to be a Game Designer but nobody wants to be a Game Designer.
mbmbmbmbmb
GG total on the thread is 1040. Shouldn't it be 1100?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.