Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mikael Holmberg
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just checking. Has anyone heard anything about if FFG is planning to release any expansions to the game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Teroux
United Kingdom
Belfast
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nothing yet. Patience is a virtue.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No news about expansions...

Sadly...

I'd recommend you to check the official page:

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/

I do it every day
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G N
United States
Carol Stream
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Roger the Alien wrote:
No news about expansions...

Sadly...

I'd recommend you to check the official page:

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/

I do it every day

Glad to hear that I'm not the only one checking everyday.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
www.punchboardmedia.com/geaux-gaming/
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You don't have to ask. If there were word, it would be here already.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Rob
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Considering how fast it sold out, it's pretty much a given they will be (if not already in the process of) making expansions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arash Sanari
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
A pity they only do updates on LGGs and star wars-themed games these Days...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guillaume Pages
United Kingdom
Oxford
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This game came out officially a month or so ago.

We have to give FFG some time to just fulfill their basic orders for the core games.

Many people do not have this magnificent game in their hands yet, because it became out of print very quickly.

So FFG is presumably, printing some more and shipping core games first.

Then, once they feel that everyone who wanted a copy of WQACG got a copy, they will move on to expansions.

I would imagine a first glimpse of an expansion in March, for a May release.

So, we have plenty of time to wait.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanee
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
guigtexas wrote:
Then, once they feel that everyone who wanted a copy of WQACG got a copy, they will move on to expansions.

FFG is not a one-man-show. They can do multiple things at once!

Producing new copies is a pretty straightforward process that should not take too long.

I am reasonably sure, the designers are already working on expansion material. Why should they wait? But it has to be designed and tested and refined, which takes time.

I also doubt, that we will see anything in the next three months apart from an announcement maybe.

Bye
Thanee
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
guigtexas wrote:
This game came out officially a month or so ago.

Exactly 2 months ago: https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2015/11/26/choose...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
guigtexas wrote:

Doubtful. The likely reason we haven't seen it "in production" yet is because they are putting the final touches on an expansion and want to run both through the printer at the same time. If they do, they can both hit store shelves at the same time. People buying the base are very likely to buy the expansion with it and that means higher sales for the expansion from the outset.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Todays news just feature a futuristic Sheldon Cooper.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shaun
United States
WOODLAND HILLS
California (CA)
flag msg tools
totally agree hear. It is strange as FFG usually has one expansion in the the pipeline and ready for announcement upon release of the base game. They do it with every single one of their adventure games. I have a feeling they may not have anticipated what a hit this game would be and are maybe re tooling an expansion by maximize profit and sales by giving the most they can without giving too much.

kelann08 wrote:
guigtexas wrote:

Doubtful. The likely reason we haven't seen it "in production" yet is because they are putting the final touches on an expansion and want to run both through the printer at the same time. If they do, they can both hit store shelves at the same time. People buying the base are very likely to buy the expansion with it and that means higher sales for the expansion from the outset.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shaun
United States
WOODLAND HILLS
California (CA)
flag msg tools
And seriously...is anyone else suffering Star Wars fatigue yet? I love their games...but man! Make some other games! (yes, I know they make many many other games...)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikael Holmberg
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Crimso wrote:
And seriously...is anyone else suffering Star Wars fatigue yet? I love their games...but man! Make some other games! (yes, I know they make many many other games...)

Agree! Sad to see that their own IP's Android, Twilight Imperium and so on does not expand with new games anymore. I like those worlds really much!

Star Wars and Warhammer, enough is enough IMO.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Crimso wrote:
And seriously...is anyone else suffering Star Wars fatigue yet?

*looks at avatar*

*looks at you*

*looks at avatar*

*looks at you*

"Nope."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shaun
United States
WOODLAND HILLS
California (CA)
flag msg tools
Okay...I love their star wars games, but a week and half of the same game...that is MONTHS away from even the rules being made available?

kelann08 wrote:
Crimso wrote:
And seriously...is anyone else suffering Star Wars fatigue yet?

*looks at avatar*

*looks at you*

*looks at avatar*

*looks at you*

"Nope."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Bellevue
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I'm surprised they haven't posted rules clarification/errata for the base game yet. I wonder what the holdup is, as I don't think we've seen any particularly interesting new rules questions in a while.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Baldrekr wrote:
I'm surprised they haven't posted rules clarification/errata for the base game yet. I wonder what the holdup is, as I don't think we've seen any particularly interesting new rules questions in a while.

What a timing.
I was going to post this.
I would be happy about new expansions pretty soon but before new content leads to new questions...
I'd like to see the current questions solved.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenrick Fearn
France
Ruffec
Charente
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Roger the Alien wrote:
Baldrekr wrote:

What a timing.
I would be happy about new expansions pretty soon but before new content leads to new questions...

+1

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikael Holmberg
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Roger the Alien wrote:
Baldrekr wrote:

What a timing.

What questions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One famaous question/problem which already got solved(even by the devs) was the Elfcap Fungus. All the people had their own theories about it.

The biggest question at the moment: How can the broken delve quest be fixed. Even the devs said that they are currently working on a solution.

Just check the FAQ which was started by a community meber(although it isn't up to date i think.)

Some questions which come in my mind:

Can the cannon be claimed again even if another hero has it but died without using it?

Does the bright wizard has to discard one or two tokens if aiding another hero if he readies two actions while wearing a full plate?

What if i kill Garrok for example and as he strikes back he also kills my last hero? Did i win or did i lose?
I win if i kill him but in the rulebook is written that after your dies are resolved the black dies are resolved no matter if the enemy would die during your attack action.

This leads to the next question: First your dies are resolved then claws and after that nemesis effects but does damage happens simultaneously? What if i attack skeletons, may i reduce their attack value before they strike back during the attack.

I would also like to hear an official statement about the explore action of the Ironbreaker.
If he doesn't resolves a dungeon card, does it really means that he may not draw a gear card if a gold coin is in the corner.
Right now there are only 2 bad dungeon cards without gold coin and his ability is pretty bad in my opinion.

The iron shield says apply -1 success and not convert 1 success which means that you could even use it if you do not roll a success at all.
In this case i heard different opinions.

And so on...

This are some questions which came in my mind and aren't answered in the rulebooks.

Some questions got easily solved but others... Sometimes each person has its own opinion and therefore an official FAQ is needed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Nelson
United States
Oxford
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think FFG was caught off guard how popular this game would be. For some of their properties the minute they print they have expansions in the pipeline, but for this game they, a bit like Elder Signs, I think they wanted to see if it caught on before they started making more of it. I also think the Warhammer Fantasy Property has lost value of late.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shaun
United States
WOODLAND HILLS
California (CA)
flag msg tools
BlueEdwards wrote:
I think FFG was caught off guard how popular this game would be. For some of their properties the minute they print they have expansions in the pipeline, but for this game they, a bit like Elder Signs, I think they wanted to see if it caught on before they started making more of it. I also think the Warhammer Fantasy Property has lost value of late.

Completely Agree. Elder Sign is a good analogy. Everyone, including me, probably thinks this game was going to get expansions like X-Wing or Imp Ass. But I think it will be more in lines with once a year or 6+ months for expansions like Elder Sign.

I also concur about WHF losing value, I mean hell, GW doesn't even want it anymore! haha.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
oldschoolgamr
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
Are you standin' yet?
badge
Artwork: My Daughter
mbmbmbmbmb
Crimso wrote:
BlueEdwards wrote:

Completely Agree. Elder Sign is a good analogy. Everyone, including me, probably thinks this game was going to get expansions like X-Wing or Imp Ass. But I think it will be more in lines with once a year or 6+ months for expansions like Elder Sign.

I also concur about WHF losing value, I mean hell, GW doesn't even want it anymore! haha.

I see them doing expansions of this on the same track as Blood Bowl: Team Manager – The Card Game, or in other words, just enough to remind you the game is awesome when you least expect. (But not nearly quick enough...)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.