James Webb Space Telescope in 2018!
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mb
Good insights I think

What's Making Voters So Anxious This Election?

The mood of the voters is one of the most important political factors in an election year. This year voters are anxious, frightened and angry — for a lot of good reasons.

http://www.npr.org/2016/01/25/464217330/heres-why-voters-are...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.D. Hall
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
I'm disappointed in the article. A 2nd-year J-student could slap that kind of skim article in 20 minutes, including researching the graphics.

That being said, I have been pretty involved in presidential elections since 1968, although I didn't get to vote in one until 1980 (yay 21st birthday). I can think of one election -- 1996 -- where people weren't anxious/upset/angry over a pile of issues. Maybe 2000, but the whole Y2K crap turned out to be a massive bust. The dissatisfaction with the political system is one that has grown since 2000, and of course, terrorism got a jump-start in 2004. But the economy has always been a major topic, as has race relations.

I've seen more cogent analysis in a GrogNads post....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Parsons
United States
Carrollton
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm anxious because my Lord and savior Jesus H. Obama is waiting forever to enact his coup starting executive action to reward himself with a third, and never ending, term as president. Why won't he just do it already?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.D. Hall
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
batman wrote:
I'm anxious because my Lord and savior Jesus H. Obama is waiting forever to enact his coup starting executive action to reward himself with a third, and never ending, term as president. Why won't he just do it already?

Jade Helm II

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walt
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
Before terraforming Mars, Surviving Mars is required: Paradox Interactive; Steam.
badge
Please contact me about board gaming in Orange County.
mbmbmbmbmb
What's Making Voters So Anxious This Election?

Politicians. They've been conducting classic Fear, Uncertainty, and Doubt (FUD) campaigns at least since 9/11.

Yes, it's obvious. That doesn't make it false.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crypt Keeper
United States
California
flag msg tools
None shall pass!
badge
'Tis but a scratch.
mbmbmbmbmb
remorseless1 wrote:
I've seen more cogent analysis in a GrogNads post....

LOL!

[Edit] Around ten years ago I ran a contest on who could do the best GROGnads impersonation. The joke, however, was on me. I neglected to mention in the contest rules that GROG himself was ineligible to participate. He did and, as you might imagine, no one out grogs the GROGster. So he walked away with 5gg (which, believe it or not, was about 50gg at today's exchange rate.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This assumes voters are anxious. I'm not anxious. Is anyone here anxious?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mb
Shadrach wrote:
This assumes voters are anxious. I'm not anxious. Is anyone here anxious?

I'm anxious about most of the candidates, that they might become President :O
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mb
Gialmere wrote:
the GROGster. So he walked away with 5gg (which, believe it or not, is about 50gg at today's exchange rate.)

I remember those days. You had to really work for GG, like submit game photos and stuff

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Myers
United States
Redmond
WA
flag msg tools
Mandelbrot/Simurgh hybrid etc etc
badge
I made both of these fractals, hurray!
mbmbmbmbmb
I wonder why that rising fear of terrorism graph starts in 2002.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.