Popular Tags: [View All]
Matthew Simpson
United States
Elkridge
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just various questions about this game.

1. Airpower... after it rolls its power (2 dice for the Israeli air) does it fly away? Or continue to pound away? I played that it just flew away...

2. The cards mention to put the ally fleet in play. Is that the naval bombardment chip?

3. On the Allied Anglo-French Amphibious Assault card - it says transfer any 2 British French Marines... I think there are only 2 marine chips. French MC and British RMC...

4. Anglo- French Assault - Can the 2 units that you put in the staging area deploy during that same turn? Do they have to have transportation, or do they just fly out?

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Simpson
United States
Elkridge
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Naval - That is the way I played it. Made sense since it said treat it like airpower....

Airpower - Agreed with that also. Once you roll you initial dice, then just move on.

Turn - Political track - Yes, that makes sense.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Miranda
msg tools
>>1. Airpower... after it rolls its power (2 dice for the Israeli air) does it fly away?

It flies away.

>> 2. The cards mention to put the ally fleet in play. Is that the naval bombardment chip?

Yes.

>> 3. On the Allied Anglo-French Amphibious Assault card - it says transfer any 2 British French Marines... I think there are only 2 marine chips. French MC and British RMC...

Correct.

>> 4. Anglo- French Assault - Can the 2 units that you put in the staging area deploy during that same turn? Do they have to have transportation, or do they just fly out?

They can deploy. They just fly out.

--Joseph Miranda
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Miranda
msg tools
>>But the errata I suspected is here The turn track is not really a turn track More a political manoevuering/sentiment etc track....

Correct.

It represents the willingness of the high command to continue the operation.

Errata

3.2: Delete the statement, “Each turn played uses one turn, driving the marker down the track.”

The turn marker is moved only via the number on the cards, or card special event.

3.3 Turn Sequence, 12 Admin Phase: Delete the current text and replace with “Conduct any action called for in the Admin phase.”

Counter manifest:
French 1 REP airborne brigade should be 1 REP + 1 RCP.
French 2 RCP airborne brigade should be 2 RCP + 3 RPC.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Simpson
United States
Elkridge
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the response Joseph.

Another question - Only 1 Egyptian card provides movement. And in this case, it was not a counter offensive. 1 unit attacked, and the others left their cities (Victory Point cities) to stay in the middle of no where for the rest of the game. Is that how it is meant to be played?

Move the units 1 or 2 spaces (based on their movement) and then just stay there?

Once again, I enjoy the game - it has caused me to learn more about this conflict. And have great conversations with my father... who is another history buff!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Miranda
msg tools
>> Move the units 1 or 2 spaces (based on their movement) and then just stay there?

Correct.

Historically, the Egyptians did little operational maneuver in the campaign.

Note that in the other game in the series, Khe Sanh, the OPFOR has a lot more movement.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Teoro
United States
Bloomington
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Joseph Miranda wrote:

Counter manifest:
French 1 REP airborne brigade should be 1 REP + 1 RCP.
French 2 RCP airborne brigade should be 2 RCP + 3 RPC.

I apologize, but I am not clear on the above.

Please explain Airborne Insertion. AI Table Results states on a roll of 6, the unit is eliminated, and on a roll of 1-5, the operation is cancelled. On a six-sided die, that does not leave much possibility of success. The only thing I can think of is that on the AAA against Airborne column of the BRT, a roll of 5 is an abort, and a roll of 6 is an eliminated step, maybe making the 1-5 a misprint.

I played a couple of games of Khe Sanh '68 the past few days - very fun. This weekend is Suez. Thanks for the designs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Simpson
United States
Elkridge
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had this same exact question.
This is a 2 part process.
Ok, at the bottom of the map it has the Airborne Insertion Table.
Roll that 6 sided dice and apply that result.

(For an airbase, 1 cancels, 2-6 succeeds. Any other space 1 = cancel, 2 = bad landing, 3-6 successful.)

If the roll is bad landing, then you go to the rules page and roll. 1-5 is cancelled. 6 is that the unit is eliminated.

Let me know if there are any other questions!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Teoro
United States
Bloomington
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Matthew,

Thanks. I saw this when playing. It finally made sense.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.