Subject: UK availability rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Christopher Smith
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Has any one seen NW:IP available for sale in the UK? I realise that it can take a little while to make it over the Atlantic but I havent been able to find NWIP in any UK shops. Has any one else?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rumpelstilskin
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't know about availability in the UK, but the game's crossed the pond.
I received my copy via my German retailer last week.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Smith
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
It may just be slow in reaching UK retailers. Shoot
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitchell Land
United States
Ballwin
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
And here I thought it might be a question about how to get the UK units into the game!

Hope you find a copy soon!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Smith
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Re - UK units. I'm quite interested in your decision on Next Waroland for that reason.

I think the Xmas release bogged it down a little but I'm sure it'll turn up shortly

Chris
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitchell Land
United States
Ballwin
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
wodvamp wrote:
Re - UK units. I'm quite interested in your decision on Next Waroland for that reason.

I think the Xmas release bogged it down a little but I'm sure it'll turn up shortly

Chris

I'll be interested to see what my decision is too! whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Smith
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I know it's very early days (and possibly the wrong place to ask this to say nothing of being a daft question) but will the intention be to have each NATO state have separate counters or to have one colour for all NATO forces?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitchell Land
United States
Ballwin
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
wodvamp wrote:
I know it's very early days (and possibly the wrong place to ask this to say nothing of being a daft question) but will the intention be to have each NATO state have separate counters or to have one colour for all NATO forces?

Ah, that I can answer! My intent is for each nationality to have its own color. I'm sure Mark will be thrilled.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Smith
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I look forward to seeing a few mustard-yellow/brown units
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim McNaughton
United Kingdom
Derby
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wodvamp wrote:
Has any one seen NW:IP available for sale in the UK? I realise that it can take a little while to make it over the Atlantic but I havent been able to find NWIP in any UK shops. Has any one else?

Just ordered mine from Hexasim in France. Prices are competitive with UK retailers, especially if you order more than one game bringing down the shipping cost per item. Hexasim
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Smith
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Maccyn wrote:
wodvamp wrote:

Just ordered mine from Hexasim in France. Prices are competitive with UK retailers, especially if you order more than one game bringing down the shipping cost per item. Hexasim

Thanks for the heads up
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emma
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Second Chance games have it
http://www.secondchancegames.com/gamedetail.asp?GameId=563
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt
United Kingdom
Gloucester
Gloucestershire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I preordered from GMT and still haven't seen my copy in the UK.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Bown
United Kingdom
Lincoln
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Arrived in UK stores this week through the distributor
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitchell Land
United States
Ballwin
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Are there any game stores in London?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Robinson
United Kingdom
Barrow in Furness
Cumbria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Toadkillerdog wrote:
Are there any game stores in London?

Orcs Nest
Dark Sphere
Leisure Games

Orc's Nest has NWIP in stock.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Smith
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Yes, I got the email from Orcs Nest at the weekend. Now I just need to get down there to buy it.

Dark Sphere, however, doesnt sell hex-and-counter wargames so it's really just Orcs Nest (Leisure Games is a bugger to get to).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitchell Land
United States
Ballwin
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll have to visit this Orc's Nest.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Smith
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Toadkillerdog wrote:
I'll have to visit this Orc's Nest.

It's quite decent and right in the heart of the West End (the major shopping area). It's also one of (if not the) oldest gaming shops in London.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Sexby
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, come on...Leisure Games is only six stops up the Northern Line from Camden Town, in Finchley Central. It's much bigger than Orc's Nest, and has the bonus of being the only game store - that I know of, corrections welcome - to ever feature in a Sitcom ("Peepshow")!

You can always visit Highgate Village, with it's fine pubs, views, and sprawling Victorian graveyard, on the way back.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Smith
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Edward Sexby wrote:
Ah, come on...Leisure Games is only six stops up the Northern Line from Camden Town, in Finchley Central. It's much bigger than Orc's Nest, and has the bonus of being the only game store - that I know of, corrections welcome - to ever feature in a Sitcom ("Peepshow")!

You can always visit Highgate Village, with it's fine pubs, views, and sprawling Victorian graveyard, on the way back.

Leisure Games is lovely and I know one of the staff from his days in Playing Games in Museum Street. However, I live in South Acton so first I have to get to Camden Town and then make my way up. It's worth the journey but the journey isn't easy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew C
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wodvamp wrote:
Yes, I got the email from Orcs Nest at the weekend. Now I just need to get down there to buy it.

Dark Sphere, however, doesnt sell hex-and-counter wargames so it's really just Orcs Nest (Leisure Games is a bugger to get to).

I bought my copy today from there; they had two left. No pressure.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.