Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Young
United States
Sterling
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
It seems a bit too random and expensive for our tastes. Maybe with a gear so its one blue worker, but the opportunity cost is still a bit high, especially with buildings out there that can guarantee cloth and wool each time.

Also, if you roll a 6 and you forced to move along a road if you can, even if you don't want to?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Young
United States
Sterling
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Given the dearth of answers, I'm guessing not, so I actually tried it last night. Suspecting it was already weak, I buffed it: you can place one or two blue guys there and roll a die for each. If you roll doubles, you only get the thing once. Even with the buff, I still found it too random and weak, and I rolled pretty well too. With the normal rules, I can't imagine ever gaining this tile.

We did play that if you rolled a 6, you had to move even if you didn't want to.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danny Perello
Canada
Salmo
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
Want DnDeeples? I'm on Esty as MagnificentMeeples.
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't like how random it seems either. As you say it also seems expensive, so I think I'm just going to pass on this one. Cute idea, but not a direction I'd like the game to take.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Baker
United States
Akron
New York
flag msg tools
Spaceball One... they've gone to PLAID!!!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Buggy wrote:
Also, if you roll a 6 and you forced to move along a road if you can, even if you don't want to?

For me, that alone renders the tile useless. I rarely move until i've built a trading station, since they multiply in scoring.

Also doesn't seem to match the theme of the tile. I've been to the Christmas markets in Germany. Yes, you can buy all kinds of goods there, but i never saw a booth where they offered to drive you to the next city.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patty Pilf
Finland
flag msg tools
mb
Buggy wrote:
Given the dearth of answers, I'm guessing not, so I actually tried it last night. Suspecting it was already weak, I buffed it: you can place one or two blue guys there and roll a die for each. If you roll doubles, you only get the thing once. Even with the buff, I still found it too random and weak, and I rolled pretty well too. With the normal rules, I can't imagine ever gaining this tile.

We did play that if you rolled a 6, you had to move even if you didn't want to.

A Technology Tile and a few Monks made it quite useful when we used it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.