Popular Tags: [View All]
Lonnie H
United States
Everett
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have just released a "helper" app for Android phones called "TOS Helper". The app has a very simple purpose to calculate your team strength(both offensive and defensive).

With the app you can place/move/remove players and coaches, and with each change your team strength will be recalculated.

My goal was that you would use the app to quickly try out new player formations or see what happens if you change coaches or whatever. You will still use the real team boards to hold your team as it currently is, but this app allows you to try out other things without messing up your team board.

The app is free and doesn't need the internet(once downloaded whistle) or any permissions.

It's not a work of art, but it makes calculating team strength a breeze.

Please let me know if you find any bugs or have any suggestions. This is a hobby project, and so I hope to continue to work on is as time allows.

I have only tested this for phones, and so I'm not too sure how it would look on other formats

Here is a link to the app:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.luokai.tos...

Thanks,

Lonnie
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kon Stavrinos
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Freeking Awesome.

Just played it again this weekend, the main drawback for this game is the Calculations for Attacking and Defending...It's cumbersome.
Throw in a couple of decent coaches and it become "Chaos Theory" (well to me anyway)

I don't have an android phone, I have the fruit variety...but this could be a deal breaker, where I make the switch....

I, as well as many others who have this game, SALUTE you!!!

Three cheers for Lonnie

Hip Hip...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
They call me Mister...
Ireland
Donegal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Used this today during my solo game. Excellent stuff, many thanks for this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
air show
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll try that as soon as the game will arrive.
NIce work!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel B
Sweden
Kungsbacka
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have been very happy with the web based helper on the designer's website:
http://www.lipschitzz.com/niveles/timeofsoccer.asp

In which way is this app an improvement of what we already have?

(I don't mean to sound obtuse, I am genuinely curious)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lonnie H
United States
Everett
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Daniel,

Here is how I see it comparing to Lipschitzz's nice web based program:

TOS Helper's Pros:
+ fast
+ small (each player could have a separate app running without taking much table space)
+ calculations are "explained" (told where the number comes from....connections, coach's training bonus)
+ shows offensive/defensive stance on each player....as changed by the current head coach
+ no internet connection required....good for gaming on the go.

TOS Helper's Cons:
- graphically simple (not as pretty as showing the actually player counters)
- only tracks offensive and defensive strengths (where Lip's will also track ongoing cost/monthly budget)

I hope that helps you to understand how they compare. The "pro" side of things is what I was targeting for the app....and a chance to practice some Android programming.

Enjoy,

Lonster
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Godolakis
Sweden
Göteborg
V.Götaland
flag msg tools
I support Wikileaks. I am anonymous.... I am an atheist...... I obey copyleft....... The Pirate Bay user.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Fantastic! I've wanted this kind of app as soon as I bought the game - well done. Simple, intuitive and fast. good work!

If there is something to improve, it might be to add the coloured dots that makes up the connections/improvements. I dont want the full graphics, since it migt become too busy on a small screen but maybe to only implement the dots would be of great help to be able to quickly get an overview when moving players around. Now I have to first show info for each player and then take a decision who to move, which is hard. If the coloured dots were visible it would help tremendously.
Im thinking it might not be too hard since you already have the information about the connections for each player.

And also maybe implement drag-and-drop to move/switch player positions but that is just a minor improvement.

Thanks for a great app.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lonnie H
United States
Everett
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
goonzo wrote:
Fantastic! I've wanted this kind of app as soon as I bought the game - well done. Simple, intuitive and fast. good work!

If there is something to improve, it might be to add the coloured dots that makes up the connections/improvements. I dont want the full graphics, since it migt become too busy on a small screen but maybe to only implement the dots would be of great help to be able to quickly get an overview when moving players around. Now I have to first show info for each player and then take a decision who to move, which is hard. If the coloured dots were visible it would help tremendously.
Im thinking it might not be too hard since you already have the information about the connections for each player.

And also maybe implement drag-and-drop to move/switch player positions but that is just a minor improvement.

Thanks for a great app.

Martin,

Thanks for the feedback, and I'm glad people are finding it useful.

In regard to the colored dots, are you referring to the advanced skills(blue circle, red square, orange triangle...) that are on the players or the ones on the team board. I'm guessing you are referring to the ones on the player counters. The reason I have left off any of the player info is that I am assuming that people are still using the team boards and player counters in conjunction with the app....so they have all the nice visuals from the real game and simple calculation once they want to get the updated strengths.

At some point I may revisit the app and look into having an image of the player counter show on a tap or long tap.

Right now I'm busy trying to find some work....after that, I would like to add some more features.

Thanks again for the feedback.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Godolakis
Sweden
Göteborg
V.Götaland
flag msg tools
I support Wikileaks. I am anonymous.... I am an atheist...... I obey copyleft....... The Pirate Bay user.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lonster wrote:
In regard to the colored dots, are you referring to the advanced skills(blue circle, red square, orange triangle...) that are on the players or the ones on the team board.

Im referring to the blue circles/red squares etc.
This is the main reason I want to move players around to get better synergies, so having the symbols visible on the tiles would help a great deal so that I dont have to look at my board repeatedly to identify the player im moving.

Lonster wrote:
Right now I'm busy trying to find some work....after that, I would like to add some more features.
Thanks again for the feedback.

I really hope you get a good job soon. Good luck!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Kossits
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lonster wrote:

Right now I'm busy trying to find some work...

You're a programmer! Write the app for Time Of Soccer! That's work.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GAMBITO
Spain
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Si the app available for iOS ¿

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Fix
United States
Sterling Hts
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Will this be available for iOS? I would love to get this for my iPad.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GAMBITO
Spain
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
i will be also very interested in ios version!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Kossits
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
By a total coincidence, the Baseball Highlights 2045 developer (me!) is currently looking for his next project!

This is one of my favorite games but, as an app candidate:
o the boardgame numbers just aren't there at the moment
o there's no expansions so it would basically be a one time purchase with no follow-ups. It would have to be priced very high to make it worthwhile. I think Baseball Highlights has 16 small expansions already. App developers like stuff like that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duarte
Portugal
Ponte de Lima
Ponte de Lima
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Very useful app! You just need to add the income calculations. Then it would be perfect.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paulo Renato
Portugal
Vila Nova Gaia
Porto
flag msg tools
I run through Rahdo's Runthroughs and make right what once went wrong (via annotations)
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dna_Boy wrote:
Very useful app! You just need to add the income calculations. Then it would be perfect.

yes... we used it yesterday and it's great... the only thing missing is the Income calculation... you just have to include the fan track and the advertising deals... put the salary info in each player and make te calculations

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francesc Lopez
United States
West Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
Nope
mbmbmbmbmb
I used the app yesterday for our first play of the game.
Really nice.

We noticed though that Bucci (goalkeeper that can also play as right back) is not listed as an option for right back.
Did I miss something with Bucci?

Jsper is another goalkeeper that can play as right midfielder.
Jsper is listed at that position too in the app.

Thanks,
F

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Godolakis
Sweden
Göteborg
V.Götaland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, I found a bug in the very useful android app - Thanks for creating it since it saves us a LOT of time playing!
I was trying to position Lipschitzz as left defender, as seen on the tile:

but it was not availabe in the list. However, if trying to put him as a right defender it was possible. Is this a known error? I have updated the app to the latest version.
/Martin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lonnie H
United States
Everett
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
goonzo wrote:
Hi, I found a bug in the very useful android app - Thanks for creating it since it saves us a LOT of time playing!
I was trying to position Lipschitzz as left defender, as seen on the tile:

but it was not availabe in the list. However, if trying to put him as a right defender it was possible. Is this a known error? I have updated the app to the latest version.
/Martin

Thanks for the error reports. I'll try to get the data files updated this summer....depending on my teaching schedule.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Edwards
msg tools
Thanks so much for this app! We had a similar issue last night playing as the previous poster. Bucci shows up as a goalie but not as a right defender as is shown on his card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lonnie H
United States
Everett
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I won't be teaching this summer, so I will try to update the data files.

Sorry about the delay, but often times, life happens.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.