Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
One of Many Mikes
badge
Ribbit..?
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey all,

In my continuing quest to breathe life into underdog cards, I recently had some success with a deck featuring Lore Faramir. I've since had some requests for the decklist, so here it is for all to enjoy!

Warning

This deck was not built for solo play. In particular, it has very low questing power. I've paired this with a Rossiel deck, and with a Rohan quest deck, and have thus far been able to get through most of the Lost Realm/Angmar Awakened cycle (though I still have yet to play Dread Realm and Battle of Carn Dum).

Rational

Lore Faramir has lots going for him:
- He has well-rounded stats
- He has the Gondor trait
- He has the Ranger trait
- He has the Noble trait
- He has in-sphere access to Burning Brand

This deck makes use of all of these advantages to turn Lore Faramir into a force to be reckoned with.

And so, withour further ado...

The Deck

Threat: 31
Total Cards: 50

Heroes
Eomer
Erkenbrand
Faramir (Lore)

Allies (17)
Honour Guard x3
Galadhon Archer x2

Errand-rider x2
Elrond x2
Warden of Healing x3
Master of the Forge x3
Quickbeam x2

Attachments (25)
Firefoot x2
Gondorian Shield x3
Secret Vigil x3

The Day's Rising x2
Steward of Gondor x3
Heir of Mardil x2
Dunedain Mark x3
Dunedain Warning x3

A Burning Brand x2
Wingfoot x2

Events (8)
Feint x3
Tighten Our Belts x2
Keen as Lances x3

Strategy

Mulligan for resource acceleration and Master of the Forge.

In the early game, Erkenbrand will be your main defender, and will need those Dunedain Warnings. Eventually, that role will shift to Faramir.

If you can get a Master of the Forge out, things can really get rolling. Eomer gets Firefoot and the Dunedain Marks, though Rohan Warhorse might be more useful in certain quests. Faramir gets Steward of Gondor, Gondorian Shield, A Burning Brand, Wingfoot, and Heir of Mardil.

Between Wingfoot, and Steward of Gondor+Heir of Mardil, Faramir gets a ton of action advantage. Ideally, he gets to quest, defend, and attack every round.

Between Erkenbrand, Faramir, the Honor Guards, and the Wardens of Healing, nothing is getting through your defenses. Don't forget: If Faramir is swimming in resources, you can use them to get multiple healings out of the Wardens. That's easy to forget, but can make the difference in a game (I'm looking at you, Ettenmoors).

BTW, since one of the decks that I paired this with was running Rossiel, I ran Keen as Lances. If you prefer, swap them out for Gandalf.

Enjoy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Brown
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nice deck! i actually like Lore Faramir a lot and don't understand all the hate.

one suggestion: i feel like to get the most out of Lore Faramir, you should be playing some Ranger Spikes to keep up to 3 enemies stuck in the staging area. i'd highly suggest making room for them, especially since you're running Master of the Forge and can search for them quickly

also Ambush and/or Hands Upon the Bow might be useful to let Faramir attack directly into the staging area and get an inherent +1 (or more) bonus during questing. you could potentially name enemy with Wingfoot, ready him when that enemy enters the staging area, and immediately attack that enemy, providing a pretty big swing if you can kill it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
One of Many Mikes
badge
Ribbit..?
mbmbmbmbmb
Good suggestions! I didn't mention it in the original post, but the deck I paired it with was running Ranger Spikes. Ambush/Hands Upon the Bow could be great additions. This deck has good attack power, but it could be better. Hands Upon the Bow would add some offense.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hans Seu L'eaux
United States
California
flag msg tools
Lore Faramir is actually great in Carn Dum since you start with at least two enemies in the staging area and Battle questing. He gives you a nice boost right at the start, plus the in-sphere access to Burning Brand you mentioned is super helpful for the shadow cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Cook
United States
Denton
Texas
flag msg tools
*beep*
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The shadow cards are especially nasty for The Dread Realm, so I think running Burning Brand will be extremely useful!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chadgar24
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This looks like a really good deck! You mind sharing the one you paired it with?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominic B
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like a nice deck. I am a big fan of Lore Faramir and therefore are very interested in deckbuilding approaches of others. Thanks for sharing.

I am just thinking if it would be worth to fit in Hands Upon the Bow?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
One of Many Mikes
badge
Ribbit..?
mbmbmbmbmb
chadgar24 wrote:
This looks like a really good deck! You mind sharing the one you paired it with?

I would if I could! I didn't record the other decks that I used (and they weren't nearly as noteworthy).

From what I remember, one had Theoden (spirit), Glorfindel (spirit), and Rossiel. The other was a quad-sphere Silvan deck featuring Legolas, Galadriel, and Celeborn. It works best if the second deck packs a lot of willpower. I also found that, when dealing with large enemies, some ranged support from the second deck is very welcome. Typically, the Faramir deck will be able to handle defense for both players.

Leonce wrote:
I am just thinking if it would be worth to fit in Hands Upon the Bow?

If need be, that would be a great addition, and you are not the first to suggest it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.