Martin Smith
United Kingdom
Pimlico
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just something I wanted to check.

When do displaced Roman generals return to the board if at all ? Rule 6.1 covers the return of Cartheginian generals, but I can't spot a similar clause for Roman :

DISPLACED CARTHAGINIAN GENERALS: If there are any displaced Carthaginian generals, all
are returned to the game after all Carthaginian reinforcements are placed. They may be placed in
any space containing one or more Carthaginian CUs that are not currently under siege.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Pereira
Portugal
Porto
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They follow the normal rules of placement each Year in the election of Consuls. If Scipio Africanus is displaced I'm almost shure he does not returm to play but I haven't the rules here to check
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Smith
United Kingdom
Pimlico
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah ok, thanks. So I'm guessing if they were all displaced, the Roman player doesn't get a pro-consul ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerónimo Menéndez
Spain
flag msg tools
badge
Romper y no doblar
mbmbmbmbmb
No generals, no proconsuls.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Pereira
Portugal
Porto
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Flamehearted wrote:
Ah ok, thanks. So I'm guessing if they were all displaced, the Roman player doesn't get a pro-consul ?

Only If all three of them are displaced. I think the Roman player (almost sure again) can choose to make the current Pro-Consul the new Pro-Consul for the next turn
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max DuBoff
United States
New Brunswick
New Jersey
flag msg tools
"My name is Ozymandias, king of kings: / Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!"
badge
Habeo in animo vivere in perpetuum aut mori dum conor.
mbmbmbmbmb
davidallves wrote:
They follow the normal rules of placement each Year in the election of Consuls. If Scipio Africanus is displaced I'm almost shure he does not returm to play but I haven't the rules here to check

Yes, Scipio A. is permanently removed from play if he's displaced.

davidallves wrote:
Flamehearted wrote:

Only If all three of them are displaced. I think the Roman player (almost sure again) can choose to make the current Pro-Consul the new Pro-Consul for the next turn

Yes, if all three are displaced, there are consuls but no proconsul (excluding potentially Scipio A.), but if only the consuls are displaced the current proconsul can stay.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ga93juve ga93juve
msg tools
Why in the rules it's written that a general it's not displaced if all its CUs are eliminated due to the Battle Casualties die roll? If a battle it's a total failure and all the units are killed couldn't be killed also the general?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Smith
United Kingdom
Pimlico
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's covered under 10.10 (emphasis mine) :

10.10 Displaced Generals
A general becomes displaced if an enemy army enters the general's space and the general is not
accompanied by friendly CUs. A general also becomes displaced if all CUs accompanying the general are
eliminated due to Retreat Table casualties, Retreat losses or the Naval Table. A general is not displaced if
all CUs under his command are removed due to the Attrition Table
, the Storm at Sea event (#60) or the
Battle Casualties die roll.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max DuBoff
United States
New Brunswick
New Jersey
flag msg tools
"My name is Ozymandias, king of kings: / Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!"
badge
Habeo in animo vivere in perpetuum aut mori dum conor.
mbmbmbmbmb
ga93juve wrote:
Why in the rules it's written that a general it's not displaced if all its CUs are eliminated due to the Battle Casualties die roll? If a battle it's a total failure and all the units are killed couldn't be killed also the general?

Because he won the battle if he's not subject to a retreat roll.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Smith
United Kingdom
Wigton
Cumbria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, Martin, but does that mean the General is "not displaced" but eliminated instead. I assume so, but why don't the rules explicitly say!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Latto
United States
Foxboro
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Mantuanwar wrote:
Yes, Martin, but does that mean the General is "not displaced" but eliminated instead. I assume so, but why don't the rules explicitly say!!!

If the rules said "eliminated" people would think that general was permanently out of the game, and not eligible to be chosen as Consul in future turns. Instead, the general is put back in the pool, possibly to return depending on future Consul draws, and "Displaced" seems as good a word as any to describe this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.