Recommend
12 
 Thumb up
 Hide
26 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

The Pursuit of Happiness» Forums » General

Subject: What would you want as upcoming Stretch Goals? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Richard Smith
msg tools
I've read various opinions in the comment section of Kickstarter and this forum. What would you prefer: New partners (maybe as an option to be drawn into the game?), new artwork, new mini expansions?

Note: This isn't an 'official' survey from Artipia, but (based on their behaviour) I'm sure that they will read and maybe consider it.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Amey
United States
Eastern Shore
Maryland
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I would love to see a 5+ player expansion. There are occasions when I can get a group together of more than four people and would like this game to be able to support that group.
8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lines J. Hutter
Germany
Munich
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
There's already a ton of variety in Projects, Partners and Activity cards. I don't see much need for more.
But I'd love to see some more Life Goals. There are anly a few, and I can see those getting repetitive after a few games.

Also some overview/helpcards for the players would be helpful.
12 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Purkis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
youtube.com/c/actualol
badge
Actualol Board Game Videos
Avatar
mbmb
Definitely player guides/boards/cards. Anything that eases the teaching and learning of a game is top of my priority list.

Five player expansion would also be handy, 4 player max can be limiting when getting games to the table.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Amey
United States
Eastern Shore
Maryland
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Lines42 wrote:
There's already a ton of variety in Projects, Partners and Activity cards. I don't see much need for more.
But I'd love to see some more Life Goals. There are anly a few, and I can see those getting repetitive after a few games.

Also some overview/helpcards for the players would be helpful.


Good ideas Lines42. Player help cards are always a useful addition and extra Life Goals for increased re-playability is never a bad thing.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Duchesne
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
+1 for more life goals.
For the reference cards it's a good idea but Lines already made reference card and posted it on BGG.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Thijssen
Netherlands
Rotterdam
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
Serial gamer
badge
Stedje van lol en plezeer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I played this wonderful game again last night and we noticed it's difficult to keep an overview on the number of completed projects and activities + acquired items. This is important for the life goals.

Maybe Artipia can come up with a kind of 'scoring track' for these achievements so it becomes clear in the blink of an eye how everybody is doing...
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Suzanne Bruinsma
Netherlands
Voorburg
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
EuropaExpress wrote:
I played this wonderful game again last night and we noticed it's difficult to keep an overview on the number of completed projects and activities + acquired items. This is important for the life goals.

Maybe Artipia can come up with a kind of 'scoring track' for these achievements so it becomes clear in the blink of an eye how everybody is doing...


Love to play this game again next time you're in delft
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A J
United States
Riverside
CA
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
crysknife wrote:
I would love to see a 5+ player expansion. There are occasions when I can get a group together of more than four people and would like this game to be able to support that group.


This is heavily supported by me as well.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lines J. Hutter
Germany
Munich
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Justice_Bolt wrote:
For the reference cards it's a good idea but Lines already made reference card and posted it on BGG.

Yip. Personally I don´t need them anymore, because I got my own printed and my players know the game now.
But I still think it´d help the game(play) if something like this was included.




15 
 Thumb up
3.00
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Pickard
Canada
Oakville
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree that more life goals would be very nice. Followed by more jobs and partners.

Some bigger ideas would be more expansions:
Education (improves jobs, or changes requirements to get them)
Family (emphasis on having kids, more projects based around partner and/or kids)
Night life (more adult themed expansion with new jobs, items, activities, etc. Based on crime, adult industries, etc)
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karen Knoblaugh
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
+1 for more life goals.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emma England
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
More ways to reduce stress or get hearts
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ozzy perez
United States
Hialeah
Fl
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Life goals!!!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Escoffery
Switzerland
Geneva
Confignon
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
A greater "variety" of partners.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Scott
Australia
EAST BRISBANE
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Re: What would you want as upcoming Stretch Goals?
For me it's updated artwork on the board

I also like the track idea on the board for items, projects etc.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Wrobel
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
5 player expansion as we often get 5 players and there are a ton of 4 player games out there.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Cox
New Zealand
flag msg tools
+1 Better board artwork. Some of it is okay, and has cards on it anyway but those action spaces that look like clip-art are super cheap looking.

The new cover looks awesome. The board needs a similar spruce up.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Abela
Malta
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmb
Next Stretchgoal has been announced as "Player Aids"

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/241478362/the-pursuit-o...
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Smith
msg tools
2 (doublesided?) cards per player, so maybe Lines' reference cards?
I'm curious what the next Stretch Goals will be, but on the basis of your Update one of them really could be the 5th Player Expansion. whistle
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
It's okay, I'm
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
+1 some improvement is required with that board. Some of it is fine, but I definitely don't think anyone would say it's an example of good graphic design overall.

Don't like the stuff with the little shadow figures. Does have a clipart kinda feel to it which gives an impression of cheapness to me.

Here's where I think is the bad part of the board.




The 'Age Track' is maybe not too bad.

But those action spaces are really pretty hideous and out of place with the rest of the design imho. Bad clip art type vibe.

Maybe even just toning down the colour and making the overlaid shadow characters way smaller would help a bit.

A proper redesign would be a lot better though.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
inkey jones
msg tools
Feels like we will be lucky to see three or more stretch goals now

As it's taking almost 4 days to hit each one
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Smith
msg tools
I wouldn't assume that. As many Kickstarter projects have their peak during the last 2 days, we likely could get more Stretch Goals, if they are announced early and enough buzz is created, maybe 5 to 6.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Ruhlander
Germany
Regensburg
Bavaria
flag msg tools
not a real person wrote:
+1 some improvement is required with that board. Some of it is fine, but I definitely don't think anyone would say it's an example of good graphic design overall.

Don't like the stuff with the little shadow figures. Does have a clipart kinda feel to it which gives an impression of cheapness to me.

Here's where I think is the bad part of the board.




The 'Age Track' is maybe not too bad.

But those action spaces are really pretty hideous and out of place with the rest of the design imho. Bad clip art type vibe.

Maybe even just toning down the colour and making the overlaid shadow characters way smaller would help a bit.

A proper redesign would be a lot better though.


I'm totally with you here!
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kleio Nikolidaki
Greece
flag msg tools
What about some Challenges?I think someone mentioned it in the comments section of the campaign and I liked the idea.
These could be cards that affect a variety of parameters in the game (e.g. lowering a player's income, his/her ability to study etc.). Adding these cards to the game could be optional, just for a different gaming experience. They could be used by every player or picked and accepted for a bonus in the end of the game (if the palyer overcomes the difficulty set be the card).

Apart from that, I think that the Child Traits and Life Goals should have unique artwork for every card.

And of course, a 5th player expansion would be more than welcome.

Now, I have to tell something to anyone who's still thinking about ordering the game. You have to play this game at least once in your lifetime. It is the deepest game I have ever played as far as theme is concerned (well, it brought existential issues to the surface and I would not exaggerate if I said that it has changed my life for the better). So, go get it!

Looking forward to getting the stretch goals!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.