4 Posts

Pax Pamir» Forums » Rules

Subject: Nation Building Topples Without Honeymoon rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gillum the Stoor
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I want to be sure that I understand correctly when there is and is not a Honeymoon.

The rules say that there is a Honeymoon "After an Empire achieves Supremacy," but I think that this is true only if the game is not ending on account of this Topple.

Is that right?

If so, the following cases will not result in a Honeymoon:

1. A Topple falls off the Market (there was no Topple).

2. A Topple is purchased and no Empire achieves Supremacy.

3. A Topple is purchased and an Empire achieves Supremacy for the second consecutive time.

4. The fourth Topple is purchased and an Empire achieves Supremacy. (I believe that this case was confirmed here. So maybe the question here is really about #3.)

In cases 3 and 4, the game is ending.

3 and 4 mean that, when the game ends, Patriots and Spies count for Influence, and Military cards in Tableaux count for breaking ties.

(If there were a Honeymoon after 3 or 4, Influence would be based solely on Starting Loyalty and Loyalty Prizes, and only rupees would count for breaking ties.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Kidder
United States
Martensdale
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe that you are entirely correct.

You may also want to add a #5 for edge cases:

5. When a topple other than the 4th is purchased, and a nation has achieved supremacy, but there is a strict tie for most loyalty between two or more players who both have the same influence, military ranks in tableau, and rupees.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justus
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
totally off topic but while scanning my subscriptions I misread the thread title as "Nation Topless without Honeymoon"

INSTA-CLICK.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cole Wehrle
United States
St. Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
"Work as if you live in the early days of a better nation"
mbmbmbmbmb
gillum wrote:

The rules say that there is a Honeymoon "After an Empire achieves Supremacy," but I think that this is true only if the game is not ending on account of this Topple.

Correct. I'll clarify this in the living rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.