Dustin Schwartz
United States
Jackson
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
www.therulesforge.com
badge
Get your slimy, webbed phalanges off ma boots!
mbmbmbmbmb
I was a KS backer for The Captain Is Dead. I think Gaetano's art is fantastic, but I was disappointed when the game arrived and it was a square box sporting a rectangular cover illustration.

However, I've recently seen a photo of a copy out in the wild that actually had a rectangular cover (and a red, not black, background). Is this a change that's been made wholesale? As in, if I ordered TCID today, it would ship in the smaller rectangular box?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JT Smith
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmb
The rectangular box is now the standard, so yes if you bought it today you'd get the new box. The new box is actually larger than the square box you received during the Kickstarter.

We'll be doing a Kickstarter for Episode 3 (the latest expansion) in the spring (Aprilish) which will come in the new box as well, albeit with Episode 3 artwork on it. This new box is large enough to fit all the components of Episode 1 (the base game), 2, and 3 in the same box.

EDIT: We can ship it for much less if we use a smaller box, so we've decided not to include the big box as part of Episode 3.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Schwartz
United States
Jackson
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
www.therulesforge.com
badge
Get your slimy, webbed phalanges off ma boots!
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the quick response, JT. So I take it the (new) Episode 1 box isn't quite large enough to hold the content for Eps. 1-3?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JT Smith
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmb
Oh no, the new Episode 1 box is the same size as the Episode 3 box. We're just using the big box for Episode 3 because our KS backers for the original game didn't get the new big box and we want them to be able to have 1 box to carry everything.

Edit: We decided to go with a smaller box for episode 3 cuz it saves a ton in shipping costs, especially outside the US.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean Chambers
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rizendefrag wrote:
Oh no, the new Episode 1 box is the same size as the Episode 3 box. We're just using the big box for Episode 3 because our KS backers for the original game didn't get the new big box and we want them to be able to have 1 box to carry everything.

Nice! Count me in for Episode Three!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlos Alves
Portugal
Setubal
Setubal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Count on me to on 3rd episode. I want to get to he big box to store all the stuff. That square box is awfull.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Y P
United States
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rizendefrag wrote:
The rectangular box is now the standard, so yes if you bought it today you'd get the new box. The new box is actually larger than the square box you received during the Kickstarter.

We'll be doing a Kickstarter for Episode 3 (the latest expansion) in the spring (Aprilish) which will come in the new box as well, albeit with Episode 3 artwork on it. This new box is large enough to fit all the components of Episode 1 (the base game), 2, and 3 in the same box.

Will you be offering a bundle of all 3 episodes during the KS campaign? And will the trilogy be a stopping point or am I looking at a lifelong commitment to an ongoing series?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JT Smith
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmb
Yes, all three will be offered as a bundle. Episode 3 is the end of Season 1. We have one more season planned (Episodes 4-6). After that, who knows?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Breckenridge
United States
Richmond
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rizendefrag wrote:
Yes, all three will be offered as a bundle. Episode 3 is the end of Season 1. We have one more season planned (Episodes 4-6). After that, who knows?

How about a prequel? Episode 0: The Captain is Alive and Well and Cruising the Galaxy for Sexy Aliens
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JT Smith
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmb
Sounds like fun

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Y P
United States
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jbrecken wrote:
rizendefrag wrote:

How about a prequel? Episode 0: The Captain is Alive and Well and Cruising the Galaxy for Sexy Aliens

Couldn't do it--Shatner's royalty demands were too high.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Turner
Australia
Melbourne
VIC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Excited for another chance to pick this up, having been unable to find a copy of the first edition.

Bit worried shipping, which was painful last time, will only be more so this time to Australia. Probably far too early to tell, but with a potential copy cropping up locally, I must ask if there is any indication of shipping costs for the new edition?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JT Smith
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmb
We've been in discussion with an Australian distributor this time. If that discussion proceeds well then we'll be shipping them a pallet of games (similar to how we do to the EU). While it won't bring shipping prices down to US prices, it should reduce them a bit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike R
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
rizendefrag wrote:

I bought episodes 1 and 2 at retail, and my episode 1 box is the large red rectangular one with lots of space for expansions. If I want to back the Kickstarter for episode 3, would it be possible to get it in a small box like episode 2? This could save on overall cost.

Alternatively, are you planning on some type of molded insert for the episode 3 box? Something to organize all the bits for all three episodes?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JT Smith
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmb
No. We can't offer Episode 3 in multiple boxes. It just doesn't work for production.

We may do an insert organizer as a stretch goal, we just have to see how far we get. It will be really high up in the list though, cuz the moulds for that aren't cheap.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Turner
Australia
Melbourne
VIC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Really happy to hear that Australian distribution has been considered for the next KS campaign. I'm really keen to pick this up having only managed to find one person with a copy over here (who has since vanished from my gaming life).

Also, please consider multi-buy addons / pledges too - that way people like me can encourage / strong-arm others in the area to grab a copy too, we all hopefully save a few bucks on group shipping / multi-buy rates and you sell lots of games. Woohoo!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Turner
Australia
Melbourne
VIC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Keeping an eye out for this kickstarter... *such anticipation*
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Cameron
United States
Martinez
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Any update on the Episode 3 kickstarter?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wesley Jones
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
wannaoreo wrote:
Any update on the Episode 3 kickstarter? :)

Hopefully JT will respond. But until then . .
The Kickstarter was originally going to be "Aprilish". Then JT said in a different post:

Quote:
We're actually planning on putting the campaign on hold. We recently got some new info about better international shipping which would make backers happy. We need some time to explore those new shipping options. We'll make an announcement about it later in the month.

Well, I never heard/read the announcement, so I too am curious when it will kickstart.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JT Smith
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmb
Sorry, I've gotten bogged down with some other projects that pay the bills so TCID, being mostly a labor of love not money, I'm afraid got the short end of the stick. Since 2 estimates have already come and gone, I won't give another. The game is done. Just need to build the KS page and video and finalize the shipping numbers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flabbergasted Rhino
Japan
Nagoya
Aichi
flag msg tools
badge
Get Schwifty
mbmbmbmbmb
Any news? I have a bunch of money I am waiting to throw at you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JT Smith
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmb
Not yet. Sorry.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Torsten Stelling
Germany
Hamburg
flag msg tools
badge
dasmurphy
mbmbmbmbmb
I would like to see an upgrade pack for first time ks backers to new graphics and rule changes in 1.6 as well as the current ruleset as nice printed booklet

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.