Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
X X
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.cardhaus.com/catalog/board_games/skyway_robbery/3...

They certainly weren't kidding about the name of the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Isch
United States
chandler
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That is crazy silly pricing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tommy Roman
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for posting. I was just about to ask about current availability, but will probably wait until Amazon can distribute it (at least as advertised on the GS website). I don't want to pay (actually, will NOT pay) $72 for this game unless they're selling leftover KS versions with the wooden upgrades (and even then, meh).

I know GS wants to control MRSP, but ever since they gave up on their online store, their games have been harder to find. And guess what, if you make me look hard for your game, I probably will just go with another company who's easier to buy from. Fantastic model for market share...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Burgess
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tommygunn2011 wrote:
... unless they're selling leftover KS versions with the wooden upgrades (and even then, meh).

My tuppenceworth - definitely don't pay over the odds for a version with "upgraded" pieces. In fact, don't bother with upgraded pieces at all. Don't get me wrong - I really like this game - but the upgrade isn't worth it. They barely fit in the box, and even if they did, in my opinion the original bits are nicer/more thematic anyway. Ooh, with the possible exception of the airship and the first player marker.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tommy Roman
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was just thinking along similar lines! Incidentally, $72 was the KS price for the deluxe edition, so I wonder if the 5 copies in Cardhaus are leftovers.

Regardless, I also like this game and would be very interested in buying it, but not for the current asking price. The KS "retail" was $45, so I'd expect to pay around $55.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Schwartz
United States
Jackson
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
www.therulesforge.com
badge
Get your slimy, webbed phalanges off ma boots!
mbmbmbmbmb
Confirmed that this is also listed for $72 in brick-and-mortar stores, too. Pretty steep!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Nelson
United States
Scottsdale
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
$40 at MM.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
"Music That Glows In The Dark"
mbmbmbmbmb
I emailed my contact at Cardhaus and made her aware of MM's price. They were told by Game Salute that they were not allowed to discount it but because MM is they have now changed the price. Check again, Cardhaus fans.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Butler
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Ridiculous pricepoint - I shall be waiting for the inevitable pricecuts on stock that will not shift at that price.

£50 ($75) for a card game? Certainly not worth that price (more than Caverna even).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
"Music That Glows In The Dark"
mbmbmbmbmb
Clockpunk wrote:
Ridiculous pricepoint - I shall be waiting for the inevitable pricecuts on stock that will not shift at that price.

£50 ($75) for a card game? Certainly not worth that price (more than Caverna even).

Op needs to change the title, it's only $40 at cardhaus

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.