Five Tribes» Forums » General

Subject: The djinn, Bouraq rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Vincennes Faronto
Indonesia
palembang
flag msg tools
Am i the only one who think that bouraq is a bit too strong, i mean a fakir card for 5 points (by placing a palace).
Please do correct me and comment,
Thanks a lot for the love

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aernout Casier
Netherlands
Nijmegen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jalapena wrote:
Am i the only one who think that bouraq is a bit too strong, i mean a fakir card for 5 points (by placing a palace).
Please do correct me and comment,
Thanks a lot for the love

My two cents? This game is well-balanced. And so are the Djinns
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shoosh shoo
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with aernout. Ive played this game a lot and i have never seen a case where there was an imbalance in this game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
wodan wodan
msg tools
Due to bidding for turn order, its difficult for a card to be overpowered to the point of unbalancing the game, as, well, it just means you ought to bid more for it. That said while Bouraq gives one of the most efficient and reliable point yield for Fakirs, its not really all that spectacular.

Bouraq gives you 5 points per Fakir. Al Amin gives you effectively 5 points per Fakir as well if you are using them to fill resource set slots 7 through 9. Leta and Utug allow a Fakir to cover half the cost of placing a Camel worth anywhere from 4 to 15 points, and thus 2-7.5 points per Fakir. Using a Fakir to cover half the cost of Hagis or Lamia is also a 5 point return.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vincennes Faronto
Indonesia
palembang
flag msg tools
hmm yes it actually make more sense now, thanks a lot lads

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mattia Vincenzi
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Sorry, but...from your entries, must i assume that you can stockpile palaces on a single village tile? Is that correct?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Franck@DoW
France
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jred139 wrote:
Sorry, but...from your entries, must i assume that you can stockpile palaces on a single village tile? Is that correct?

Indeed, each time you finish your move on a tile with the palace symbol, you add one (even if there are already some...)
It's the same for palmtrees

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.